Car Trouble

A chorus of crickets drones behind her as she watches the last of the sun disappear behind clouds. She waits patiently by the curb, humming softly to herself.

"You're such a beautiful singer, Y/N," a low voice says from behind her. She whips her head around, causing her hair to cover her eyes, but she doesn't need to open them when she hears his laugh.

"What are you, hiding from me?" he chuckles, brushing her hair from her face, and revealing her eyes. They're brown, and always seem plain to Y/N, but to Michael, they twinkle like stars.

"Michael, you can't sneak up on me like that!" she giggles, punching his shoulder and staring up at him. He winces playfully and grins down at her. His hands cup her cheeks, and she leans her face into his palms.

Her big eyes, adorned with long curly lashes soften when she meets his gaze. She's always loved looking into his eyes. They have a soft shape and are brown, like Y/N's, but have a beauty and depth she never saw in her own. They linger there for a moment, Michael's palms holding Y/N's face as they soak up their undying love for each other.

She detects passion in his eyes, and desire too. Yearning. His eyebrows tilt up slightly, giving him the appearance of a sad puppy. Blushing slightly, Y/N breaks eye contact with him, directing her gaze at the concrete. Looking back up briefly, she notices Michael's eyes beginning to water.

Overwhelmed by emotion, Michael removes his hands from her face and steps away. He glances down at his shoes before looking up at her again.

"I love you," he says quietly. Y/N's eyes go wide, her long lashes skimming against her eyelids. Michael's eyes are glued to the floor as he waits anxiously for her reply. She clasps one of his hands in hers, stroking it gently with her thumb.

"I love you too, Michael," she whispers back. Almost immediately, a grin takes over Michael's face. He walks in close to her, so close she can feel each of his breaths on her neck when he exhales.

His hot breath on her neck has Y/N despairing for one of the hickeys she used to be so accustomed to receiving from him. This had been their dinner celebrating Michael's return home from tour, and though she'd been hiding it well, Y/N was drenched. She had been the whole dinner.

Every time Michael grazed his hand against her thigh or looked at her longingly across the table, she was forced to rub her legs together in desperation. She could only imagine the mess she'd find later that night when she pulled down her thong. Even so, she couldn't help but imagine sticking Michael's hand into her underwear right there in the parking lot.

Michael's voice breaks her out of her trance. "You coming, baby?" he says sweetly, extending his hand towards her as he walks in the direction of his car.

She nods and skips along, grabbing his hand when she reaches him. They walk side by side to the car, Y/N leaning her head on Michael's shoulder as he strokes her hair lovingly. As his fingers tickle at her thoughts, Y/N decides to show her boyfriend some thanks.

"Dinner was so good, Mikey," she croons, kissing him softly on the cheek as he opens the passenger's side door for her.

"I've had better," he replies, looking her up and down. She blushes again and pinches his arm.

"Baby, ow!" he whines, pouting at Y/N, who shakes her head and laughs.

"Kiss my ouchie or I'm not talking to you," Michael huffs, turning his head away.

Y/N, still hot from dinner and madly in love with her childish boyfriend, roots her hand in Michael's curly mullet and pulls his lips to hers. He moans into her mouth, gripping her waist tightly. Michael bites gently at Y/N's bottom lip, signaling for her to open her mouth. Afraid of what she might do, she ignores his request and continues kissing him normally.