Chapter 4: Suffocating

Start from the beginning

The next morning, Taehyung's swollen eyes and red nose terrify Jin and Namjoon.

"Tae, what happened?" Namjoon quickly asks and hugs Taehyung.

"I think that I hurt Jungkook." Taehyung cries and clings to Namjoon.

"Shhh, it's ok." Namjoon hums and gently rocks his crying friend.

"Can I go into one of my clones' bodies?" Taehyung asks and looks at Namjoon with big eyes.

"Sure. You can." Namjoon hums and gently cleans Taehyung's face.

If I am in a body that has not been hurt, then maybe Jungkook's touch won't scare me.

When they walk back into the room with his and Jungkook's clones, he stops and looks at the way the cryotubes are placed in the room. Taehyung's clones are clustered in the middle while Jungkook's clones protectively circle around the outside. From everything I have seen, you love me and are trying to protect me. I am so sorry that I am scared of you.

"Come lie down here." Namjoon softly tells Taehyung and points to an empty medical bed.

"Put this gown on." Jin hands Taehyung a hospital gown while Namjoon prepares everything to transfer Taehyung.

As Taehyung changes, Jin and Namjoon wince when they see his scarred body. "It will be nice to say goodbye to the scars that I thought were permanent." Taehyung smiles and puts the gown on.

"The emotional scars won't go away just by changing bodies." Namjoon reminds him.

"I know, but at least I won't have to see the scars every time I look in the mirror." Taehyung hums then lies down on the bed.

"That is very true." Namjoon smiles and begins placing the wires on Taehyung. "So, I will transfer you from this body to Taehyung Clone 1. It will take longer since this is the first time." Namjoon explains and smiles down at Taehyung.

"Okay." He nods and looks at his clone. "My clone looks older." He notices as he looks at the clone.

"Jungkook would update your clones as time passed by." Namjoon answers and looks at the clone. "Okay, I am going to place you under anesthesia. It would be traumatizing to transfer while awake. Your clone does not need anesthesia since it is in cyrosleep."

"Okay, I'm ready." Taehyung nods and takes a deep breath.

Once Taehyung is asleep, Namjoon begins the transfer of his consciousness. He and Jin pay careful attention to his vitals and the transfer. When it is complete, he turns off the equipment and quickly begins reviving Taehyung's new body from cryosleep.

When Taehyung wakes up, he looks around the room and smiles when he sees Jungkook standing next to him.

"How are you feeling?" Jungkook asks and gently pets his head.

"I feel fine." Taehyung answers and reaches up to touch Jungkook's face. Jungkook smiles and kisses Taehyung's hand.

"Let me help you out of there." Jungkook hums and helps Taehyung sit up.

When Taehyung's feet touch the ground, he slightly trembles and holds onto Jungkook for support. After a few seconds, Taehyung tests out his new body and walks around the room.

"I feel taller." Taehyung mutters and looks at Jungkook.

"You are taller now. If you had been healthy during your childhood, you would have reached this height. I grew you a body that you would have if I had protected you your entire life." Jungkook explains and gently smiles at Taehyung.

"Thank you." Taehyung smiles and gently kisses Jungkook. 

"You are very welcome." Jungkook smiles and holds Taehyung in his arms. "I am so sorry, Taehyung. I have to go to a meeting. Ask Namjoon and Jin any other questions you may have." Jungkook apologizes then quickly leaves the room.