Chapter 16

A/n
Hey y'all... some plot for you?🥰
___________________________________
The sweet moment being broken when the sound of a door being slammed open echoed across the walls of the small room. The door knob smashing against the concrete wall so harshly that when the door swung open with such momentum, it left a small bump in the wallpaper.

"Signal?! Signal where are you?!"

Rain stood breathless underneath the doorway as his eyes darted from one side of the room to the other in a frantic motion. His chest heaving up and down in adrenaline. Either from running here, or from a panicked state.

Although his breath hitched when he saw me in Mountain's arms, being cradled like a newborn. My breath slow and even. My eyes shut closed as I laid sprawled out in Mountains arms.

Mountain felt the hairs on his body stand up from the unexpected intimidating look Rain sported. Involuntarily swallowing the thick saliva that had formed in the back of his throat.

Rains eyes narrowed as he stared him down like it was a game of prey and predator, or cat and mouse, whatever you prefer. He growled under his breath and slowly inched closer to the shivering tall ghoul.

"You.."

He stopped a couple of inches away from him as the space between them got smaller. The tension building as the light from the hallway and the dimly lit lights above them shun.

"What. Did. You. Do. To. Her."

Mountain just stood and stared at him as his defences were automatically put up. Having never seen Rain like this, there was no way to predict the outcome. The once calm and cool collected ghoul, now turned impulsive and blinded with unknown rage.

"Are you deaf? I said, What did you do?!"

He whispered as he still had a somewhat enough consciousness mind that I was asleep.

"I- I didn't do anything! I swear, Rai!"

Rains eyes widened in surprise and shock but soon diminished into a cold expression. He stabbed a finger to Mountain's chest and grumbled out a few words before carefully grabbing me out of Mountain's arms. Who was too shocked to notice the lack of weight that he once was carrying. Rain struggled to position me in a comfortable position given that I probably weighed more than him himself because of the extra height I had.

But he eventually did it and directed his attention back at Mountain.

"No one can call me that except Signal. Got it?"

Mountains eyes widened in shock. His eyes portrayed multiple emotions. The main ones being hurt, shock, betrayal and most definitely confusion.

"But I.. always called you that.."

Rain stared at him before spitting out venom laced words that were probably out of character for him.

"Yeah well, not anymore."

Mountain stood stiffly still as he just stared in shock. Rain just turned around in a 180 degree angle and spoke out over his shoulder.

"You may think you have known her for longer, think again."

Walking and stopping in the hallway before the room. Rain turned his head to Mountain, who was just staring at the ground in deep thought. Rain whispered to himself.

"You don't know the most of it.."

And with that, Rain took his leave down the corridors of the stadium. Leaving poor, defenceless, shocked and probably exhausted Mountain to try and piece together what had just happened.