Chapter 39: Big Chop

Joella

"I'm exhausted. This waddle is not cute. I need her to come on." Morgan complained as she finally sat on the sofa.

I shook my head at her before running my hand over her belly.

"Give mommy a little break. This is her third time going to the bathroom."

"I think your waddle is cute." Ashley teased, Morgan let out a sigh before smiling.

"I think we came up with a name."

Ashley and I leaned forward as we anticipated the name.

"Logan Marie Russo." She said while rubbing her belly.

Ashley and I both smiled. I like it...even though...

"That's a beautiful name for your baby girl. I understand why but at the same time-"

"I know, I know. I told Luca it probably wasn't a good idea to name our kid after the man who tried to give you a black rose."

I waved my hand at her.

"I've always liked the name Logan on a boy or girl. Our baby got nothing to do with that evil man." I started causing Morgan to shake her head and smile.

"Well, I'm glad you guys like it. I have an important question to ask you both." Morgan said as she looked down.

"Go on." Ashley pressed causing me to smile and chuckle.

"Will you ladies be her godmothers?"

We all stayed silent as Ashley and I looked at each other, our smiles growing bigger.

"Now you know the answer is yes," I said with a smile.

"Yea we're just waiting for you to ask we already took on the title the moment we knew you were pregnant," Ashley said and patted Morgan's shoulder.

"Y'all stay putting claims on my baby." She said with a laugh.

"Our baby." Ashley and I said at the same time causing all of us to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Haden asked as he walked into the house with the rest of the guys.

"Nothing, my two best friends stay putting claims on my baby."

"Our baby." Luca chimed with a smile.

"Exactly, our baby," Ashley said as she tilted her glass to Luca.

"You want a baby?" Haden asked and I can't lie. I was slightly stunned at the sudden question.

My face heated as the room grew silent. I glanced at Morgan and Ashley who both had knowing grins on their faces. Turning to face him, I couldn't help but notice the serious glint in his eyes. Does he want a baby now?

"Someday," I answered. Haden raised an eyebrow.

"Someday could be tonight. Be more specific."

My face heated more as I could feel everyone's eyes focused on us.

"I think a little Haden or Ella would be the cutest!" Ashley said, removing some of the awkwardness from the room.

"I do too," Micah said as he walked to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle.

"How did this topic turn so quickly," I said not able to make eye contact with Haden anymore.

The more they talked about us having kids, the darker his eyes grew. Now I'm going to have to keep an eye on my pills.

.
.
.

"How bad is it?" Haden asked on the phone.

I wasn't sure what was going on. All I knew was Nonna had called and Haden was pacing in the kitchen as he talked. I realized something serious must have happened when he started to speak Italian.