𝐗𝚰. 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.

[Third person's] POV.

"She'll get erratic without Zanbaq. We need to get out." Terra says, as Y/n's rapid breathing continues while she sweats profusely and groaning every now and then.

All of a sudden, they start hearing someone or something banging on the door. Stella and Terra stand in front of Y/n, as the sealed door rattles in the doorframe.

Musa holds her girlfriend's hand as the other two girls put their hands forward, getting ready to whatever comes from behind the door.

The door opens, as Sky and Bloom barge in, and the girls put their hands down.
"Hey," Sky says as Stella points to her friend behind.

"We need to help her!" she says worriedly.

"Oh shit," Sky mumbles while approaching, seeing her chest raising and falling at a high pace. Bloom shockingly looks down at her.
"She said there's a Burned One here." Musa says with a high tone.

"We need to get her to the courtyard,  they're barricading it off." Sky bends down, grabbing her arm before putting it around his neck as Musa helps her up on her feet.

"We'll be safe there," he says, putting a hand on her side before quickly walking outside as the girl barely keeps her head up.

Terra rushes over to her father, "Dad!"
Sky lays Y/n on the table as she grunts.

"Sam! I need Zanbaq now!" Sam nods before quickly handing it to him as
Y/n yells in pain, after he pulls up her shirt.

"There's so much blood. Why didn't you bring her immediately?" he asks after seeing the wound full of blood and the veins in her neck turning black. The girls fearfully look at her.

"'Cause we were locked in our room dad, remember?" Terra says, with her red nose as her dad doesn't answer.

"Why isn't the Zanbaq working?" Terra asks in worry.

"It's a very deep wound,"  he answers calmly while wiping the blood away, with Sam passing him some instruments as the girl keep groaning and trembling.

"I found a piece of Burned One splinter near her heart." he says, before approaching some chirurgial tool to her wound, trying to pull out another piece of the Burned One as she yells out in agony.

"She's in pain. Help her." Musa says as Mister Harvey looks up at her with sweat covering his forehead.

"I'm doing all I can!"

"There's something you can do. You're a mind fairy. Feeling emotions is only a small part of your magic, with your connection you can take some of her pain." he says wiping away blood.

"How?"

"Instead of pushing it away, bring it in. Try it." he raises his voice.

Musa tightly holds Y/n's hand covered with blood as her eyes turn pink. Y/n yells in torment, slightly moving as the infection arrives in her cheeks.

"I can't! I can't!" Musa disconnects her hand.

"You didn't even try!" Terra says.

"I said I can't, okay?" Musa repeats before walking away as Y/n grips on the table while tighly shutting her eyes and whimpering.

"Musa!" Terra tries to stop her.

"Let her go, love. Come here and help." her dad says.

Stella sadly looks at the scene from afar, as she wipes her tears while turning away, not being able to listen to Y/n's cries anymore.

"I can't get.. I can't get to it." Mister Harvey mumble while trying to get the piece out.

"It hurts," Y/n mumbles before screaming out in anguish.

"Just hang on!" Terra says, earning a grunt from her.

"I can't do it, I can't." he mumbles as Sam wipes the blood that keeps coming out of the wound.

"You can, dad." Terra encourages him.

"I can't. "

"Dad. Dad, you can. I know you can."
she says as her father takes hold of the piece.

"Still," he tells Y/n as she clenches her jaw while groaning loudly. Mister Harvey pull out the splinter as she cries out in pain before her breathing starts to slow down.

"Right, that should slow it. But the infection is still spreading. We just need her to hold on for now. She won't be out of the wood until we kill the Burned One that attacked her." he explains, as she still breathes heavily. Bloom walks away after eyeing her friend.

Terra holds Y/n's hand to reassure her, as her dad treats her.
"Stay close sweetie." he says to his daughter as the Burned One bang on the doors and the girl keep grunting in pain.

"Just try and ignore it. Just focus on the task."

"Please, make it stop!" Y/n shouts while tightly gripping Terra's hand.

"Stay with us, Y/n," Harvey says as she pants continously.

"Um, okay. I'm gonna get some help." Terra nervously says, letting go of Y/n and walking away.

"Terra! I need your help." he says, as she approaches.

"The infection in spreading faster than I'd hoped. If she gives up, she's lost." he explains as Terra glances at her friend, seeing her trembling while grasping on the side of the table.

"I need you to help her stay strong until the Burned One is killed." Harvey says before the girl yells out while breathing heavily. "Stop! I can't! I can't!"

"Y/n, you need to fight this!"

"Stay with us, Y/n." Terra says.

"No, no! I can't anymore!" she yells she hyperventilates while whimpering.

"It's in her eyes!" Terra says, seeing her irises turning white as she grits her teeth out of agony.

Suddenly, Musa joins them, taking
Y/n's hand, as the girl slightly turns to her.

"I think it's your time to take some peace from me," Musa sniffles with teary eyes and they glow pink.

Y/n yells while gripping Musa's hand as she whimpers.
"I'll hold it off for as long as I can," she says as her heart start beating faster.

Y/n keeps her eyes on Musa, before she loudly groans while closing her eyes. Musa grunts at the same time as she pants.

Musa slightly gaspes as Y/n starts calming down.
"It's leaving. I think they got it." Musa smiles.

"Thank you both." Y/n whispers with a slight smile on her face as her heartbeat slows down.