Pride over lust

Victor's pov

I fuc*ed up bad.

I was wrong...so damn wrong in understanding this women and underestimating her pride.

Seeing her standing there looking at me with those innocent eyes, I don't know what came over me.

I wanted her body flushed against mine.

I wanted to taste those tempting lips.

I was yearning to be close to her.

And I thought she wanted the same thing. That her shy glances meant the feelings were mutual.

That she was a bit reluctant but interested in me.

If only I knew how wrong I was.

Big fat tears fall from her innocent eyes and I go still , retreating my fingers.

"Game? And I a game for you ,huh?"

" My fears , my vulnerability, my helplessness,my body. Are nothing but a game for you right?"

" Wasn't that what I have always been for you."

" A charity case you picked up from the streets in name of philanthropy? A helpless girl who keeps you entertained?"

What are you to me,Rose?

Even I am yet to ask myself this question.

But one thing is for sure. You are not just anyone. You are not like others.

You are the first one that has intrigued me to make me restless in my own house.

You are the first one who has perked the interest of Victor Kingston.

Charity? I know where this is coming from. My new Secretary can neither keep her legs closed nor her mouth. I said it just to make sure she doesn't trouble my princess, presuming I was fuc*ing her just because I was living with her.

" No Rose. You are getting me wrong. I just wanted to help-"

"Thank you so much for your help till now Mr Kingston. I am really grateful to you. But from now on..."

" I don't need any of your help and concern."

" Good bye Mr Kingston. Hope to never see you again."

I clench my fist. Not saying anything. Realising my lioness was angry. Maybe I did cross some boundaries.

She is not used to this environment...she must have felt so small and intimidated.

Her last line didn't settle well with me and I feel a weird prick in my heart.

She is just furious. She doesn't mean it.

Seeing her walking past me I do nothing to stop her. I was not the kind who ran behind women , begging for forgiveness and their love.

They come back to me.

Just like she will.

Where else will she go otherwise?

She has to return back home tonight.

It's not like she has any friends or relatives where she will crash for the night.

Moving my thumb over my lip I smirk still feeling the warmth and taste of our kiss.

Been long since I last enjoyed a kiss so much.

The way she stood still without knowing how to kiss back made me chuckle.

Oh princess. What am I gonna do with you?