X

The coherent voices of people around him continued as he walked through the hall where his wedding preparation was going on. Two days until he is going to be entering the wedlock; he is not ready for. The look on his eyes held pain while it wandered around the room, when it fell on you.

"Move it to the right" You told the workers who were adjusting the backdrops "The chandelier should be in the center" your attention now focused on the other workers. Your bangs curtained on your forehead, loosely coming out from your low messy bun, your eyes determined on the preparations with an amount of sorrow in them. You were preparing for the wedding of the person you love the most but probably you lost him. Every mistake accompanies a damage, a penance...it was him in your case and you in his.
The least thing you could do was, make this wedding perfect for him.

He looked at his palms and then at you...(his perspective:)
While your hand is not in my hand, it seems that luck has left my fate. You're in front of me still I can't hold you again...how couldn't I know what you had on yourself? After you left me, I wandered in the paths to find you but when I did find you, all I showed you was hate...we had the same faces, we are the same, but I was lost in trying to hate you and you were busy fighting with everyone's blames. I ran into your fragrances daily but still held those grudges against you....but now is it too late to say that I am sorry? I am sorry for blaming you without understanding you. I am sorry for not giving you a chance to explain. I wanted to keep you with me forever as my possession, giving you all your comforts, not thinking about the wings you had. I wanted to protect you always but before that I needed to respect you. I should have supported you in this flight of life but I was also the one who made it tougher, I forgot you weren't a thing to control but a human to grow.

But....we never had a goodbye...we never made promises of letting go so that means that can I still hold you?

"Kim Taehyung?" He got out of his trance as a female voice beamed in his ears. "You're Kim Taehyung?" The female asked as she stood beside him, making him nod in confusion.

"Yes-"

"Okay before you ask me who I am, Hi I am Aeri, Y/N's best friend and also her soulmate" she grinned as he looked at her weirdly.

"Okay?" He looked at her as she looked back at you.

"I am so proud of her.." she said as he looked at you. "The eyes that were like dark stormy nights are now deep calm ocean" she stated as he let out a confused hum. "The impulsive and immature girl I met three years ago is now a responsible woman. The girl who did part time jobs and failed in numerous interviews is now a successful person, it all feels like deep nostalgia" she smiled looking at him.

"She changed-" he cutted her off "she grew" he smiled.

The brown eyes focused on you, sighted every motion of you with a faint smile. The determination on your face perplexed him, it was not the girl he knew, the girl who was always pampered and spoiled by her parents, the girl who had an effortless life without any troubles, the girl who ran away from this easy life to live a harder one.

Was it necessary? Maybe not. You could have lived this life better but this life was barely meaningful for you because you lived it with no identity. What is a life without growth?

Your perspective: I'd rather live lonely in my little world rather than being powerless in other people's world. Because if I had lived as easy as it was , I would have lost the fortune of finding myself.

"You still love her don't you?" She caught him off guard as he maintained his eyes low on the ground.

"I-I.... I do" he sighed "I never stopped loving her but I have made enough damage to make her hate me.."

"Guilt, resentment, regret, grievances, sadness, bitterness, all belong to the past but they shouldn't destroy our presence. I know if I were at your place, I would have done the same. It's okay to start your story again, those mistakes that both of you made are the lessons of your love, not failures. Your love for each other was never a failure because if it was, it wouldn't have flowed till now, you still her and she does too" she smiled as he widened his eyes.

"S-she does?" He blinked, time is a fickle thing, you can live with a person for years but still not love them but you can be apart from someone for times but still they would redefine the meaning of love.

"No matter how much she tries to deny it, Look into her eyes...they show the love for you.." he realised he stopped looking in your eyes because if he did, he was afraid not to hold back. "Love is meant to make you struggle but never forget the strength behind the struggle- this is what she said when I had my first breakup. You should love her before it is late because even though we breathe everyday, one day we know we'll stop." She said, patting his shoulder as he felt himself drowning in his thoughts.

"Hahhh only if I was a guy, I would have stolen her from you!" She squealed as he choked on his saliva.

"Yah-"

"Okay okay, make her yours....It's never too late to reinvent and reinvest in yourself, just like love, they don't come with an expiration date. Don't hurt yourself and her, love her again, think maybe the universe gave another chance to reconcile you both.." she waved before walking towards you with your lunch.

"Y/N~~" You looked at her and smiled, hugging her. Taehyung stood there looking at you until he saw you noticing him. You looked down, avoiding his gaze while his head was full of the words that your best friend spoke.

His heart raced super inconsistent, the hope of holding you again flamed in him. He recognised his own faults and accepted them, tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes, it deserves a chance before giving up, because love doesn't understand giving up.

We are imperfect, it is a human trait to be not perfect, there is no shame, nothing wrong, it is always a growth to correct our mistakes and now is the time for both of you.

His eyes glistened with a bright happiness, maybe things could go right. But there was so much more, his wedding? his fiancée? Things were complicated but he had to loosen it up, now that he found you, he can't lose you.

Looking up, he tried to find you but you were nowhere, there were just the staff and workers. A deep sigh left his mouth as he walked towards his hotel room.

Thinking for almost the whole day, his mind was filled with you and just you. Scattering the box of your memories on the bed, he laid in between them to feel closer to your presence, this is what he did whenever he missed you. He couldn't take it, he needed you, he wanted to apologise and ask for your hand again to hold you again and now nothing else matters more to him.

Blinking, he heard his phone buzz as a caller id showcased on the phone- 'Kang Mira'
-

Stomping your heel on the marble floor, you walked in the corridor of the hotel to find your designated room. Your mind wasn't active because of thousands of things that you kept on thinking. Is he still mad? Or did you say too much? There were multiple questions that skipped your breath. The room key in your hand was covered in your sweat as the palms sweated like always.

Shrugging the thoughts, you looked ahead to find yourself walking in his direction while he was coming into yours. Your feets froze as eyes blinked, he had no expressions.

Are we going to act like strangers?

Your mind murmured as you kept your eyes on your feets focusing on walking, your pace slowly decreasing as his figure approached nearer and nearer until it passed by you. His fragrance passed through you as his shoulder gently touched yours while walking away from you.

I guess we are strangers.