III

A jerk of your regret lumped down your throat. You were scared of this, facing him again when he is clearly not over that past and neither are you. You know it's your fault, you were immature and impulsive and even though you regretted leaving him, this decision was something you took after numerous sleepless nights and it made you what you are today.

"You left me three weeks ago, our marriage with what? A phone call? You couldn't even tell me on the face that you don't want to marry me!" His words brought back the memories.

Flashback: 3 weeks before the wedding-

Blinking, you were standing near the ocean shore where the breeze of cold air shivered your figure. A fear in your chest, an uncertain guilt. You knew this wasn't right but the other thing wasn't correct for you either.

It was the irony of your life, you wanted to love him but before doing that, you wanted to love yourself.

"Hello?" The one from the other line responded to your phone call. Heart thumping in your chest, you found yourself clamped in the family trap.

"H-hello" you nervously replied.

"Baby? Are you missing me?" You knew his face must have a mischievous smile over his face, he mocked playfully.

"I-I am sorry..." You closed your eyes, a tear rolling down your cheek.

"Sorry? For what? Baby are you fine?" Taehyung could sense the seriousness. He grew worried.

"I can't do it..." your voice broke.

"Can't do what? Y/N? Where are you? Let's meet" he picked his car keys as he was getting worried.

"N-No, Taehyung. Hear me out" you strained your voice stern.

"W-what?" He understood something was wrong.

"I can't..... I can't do this. This marriage. I am not ready Taehyung" you said in a breath as he froze.

"W-wha- Y/N? What are you saying? We can work this right? Please I-I, don't say this" he panicked.

"I-I am sorry.. I-I It feels like..... I can't please... It feels like I am rushing myself" you clutched your chest, feeling it getting heavy.

"Y/N....please you can't do this to us!" He was taken aback from your sudden change, he felt like his world was slipping away.

"I am sorry Taehyung....I can't ." You uttered slowly.

"Where are you? I am coming-"

"I have walked away....and I don't deserve you" you felt yourself suffocating every passing moment as you have turned yourself away from your life and walked into a new place without anyone. You hung up the call on him, hearing his voice fading, you kneeled down, breaking down on your new start.
-

In the present, the memories felt like needles in his heart. He wanted to scream and yell at you but felt his voice whispering in a faded voice. Seeing you in front of him, he felt bitter, angered, disappointment, and so much more but everyone knew he was crazy for you, you yourself knew what will happen when you leave him but.....when people can run away from their families for living with their loved ones then why can't someone escape from their love and family for finding themselves? It might sound immature but only bearers know the pain.

"W-why?.." he breathed out, holding your wrist as you looked at him in no answer. Pushing him away from you like before, you tried walking away but he held your wrist again, looking back at you.

"What was the reason?" He asked again. You blinked, feeling yourself wanting to embrace him but now he wasn't yours anymore.

"Me.... I was the reason" you took your hand back and turned away again and this time he didn't stop you.