I Should've Fucking Hired Goons

Start from the beginning

......

Delphine shivered, she couldn't remember how many times she switched carriages to get to the capital city, Etania. She knew better than anyone how dedicated her stepmother would be in chasing her down. She knew her so well that she sensed her stepmother's favorite knight following her carriage the minute she left the mansion. Delphine knew how persistent the knight was and she knew she wouldn't be able to shake him off that easily. So she tested the waters out by switching carriages and routes to confuse him, she caught a few glimpses of his cape here and there when she stepped out to stretch her legs. When she pretended to chat with the carriage men, she noticed an engraving on the backside of the carriage.

Her stepmother was smart but she severely undermistated Delphine's capabilities.

All the carriages she had ridden so far were bought off by her stepmother's company. Oddly enough, all her drivers avoided towns so when Delphine declared she would stay at an INN they had no choice but to take her to the nearest town which happened to be the busiest port town.

Coincidence? Pfft, one would think so but like Delphine had said she knew her stepmother and she knew her well enough to know that she had charted the random route Delphine was traveling on. No matter how talented the knight was he couldn't track her in the midst of shipping season in Thyke. So she waited until they reached the checkpoint to enter the town to ditch the carriage and the devoted knight. Safe to say, the carriage drivers protested and fretted when she dismissed them at the checkpoint in front of the guards. They couldn't do much because they were just commonors and she was a noble lady. She shot a smirk in the direction of the forest and flipped off the knight that was hiding in the trees.

She had three hours before he figured out a way to enter the city and began tracking her again. She entered a bathouse, changed her clothes and asked a couple of vendors to give her directions to the local beauty parlor.

Now, one might wonder what happened to her luggages and even the pesky knight after her might use the thought of her luggages as blackmail and in all honesty, she had packed quite a lot.

She lifted her wrist to the sky and beamed at the golden bracelet. There were just some tricks a lady never revealed. Delphine didn't have an ounce of mercy when she thought of the gasping carriage men wondering where her luggages had disappeared too.

She waited 3 long months to escape. Delphine planned so much she basically knew her way around the bloody continent. If anyone needed to know where to dispose of a body, she was sure she could point them in the right direction. She tore into her croissants, there's just no fucking bloody way I would let that frog looking bitch drag me back to the estate.

Once she was sure the people on the streets were sure she was headed to a beauty parlor, she made her way to the train station and bought a ticket to the capital.

I should probably visit a beauty parlor soon though. My blonde hair is the biggest fucking clue to my identity.

Boarding the train, she crashed into her seat and cheekily smiled out the window as the train left Thyke station.

Take that you arrogant shit demon of a knight, you'll never be able to track me now.

...... 

I LEIGHTON ROAD, ANEBURY DISTRICT

ETANIA-CAPITAL OF RYDDOS EMPIRE I

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Delphine pressed her cheeks against the window as the capital came into view. It was nothing like she imagined, rows of towers filled the skyline and in the far distance she could see the silhouette of the imperial castle. Truly, the sight of the capital in all of its shining glory was something every citizen of the empire should see once in their lifetime. Brownstones, huge brick buildings and clock towers could awaken the deepest of ambitions. She pulled the hood of her cape further down to block her curls. Her feet bounced up and down, she could barely contain her excitement.