Chapter Forty Nine

Beginne am Anfang

I stared down at my ring which I had clenched within my fingertips. He knew about this also.

"How could you tell?" I asked.

It was Alpha Kai who sighed this time as if completely exhausted by me.

"Raven you're my best Assassin but you are making me look very bad right now. Enzo's a fucking wizard. That ring is made of magic. Of course he could tell," Alpha Kai scoffed at me as he broke yet another news to me. Except, it was one which I had once considered but never actually thought could be true for whatever reason.

"Wizard as in witch?" I just needed to confirm and Enzo smiled ever so slightly.

"Yes, wizard as in a witch," It was Enzo who responded this time. "I'm one of the strongest witches in existence. You should have realised that when I told you that my mother was a powerful witch. What I failed to mention was that the Alpha line of this pack is a very powerful witch line. My father was also a very powerful witch and that was partly how my father was able to subdue my mother although my mother was a more powerful witch than him. Both of my siblings and me are all witches except, I was the only one who was actually interested in learning my craft, part of the reason my mother loved me the most and my father didn't. I was their main bone of contention because of my avid fascination with witchcraft,"

"The reason Arian's witches and Arian don't attack Enzo is that none of us knows who is the stronger witch between Enzo and Arian but we know that they are at least on the same level. That's the main reason no one attacks Enzo. No one. That's why your witch - Nessa used you to steal the moonstone instead of getting it herself. Because the only one with any success at defeating Enzo is his very own mate. Learn to read between the lines," Alpha Kai was done with me at this point. I only felt bombarded with information.

"How powerful are you, Enzo?" I asked him and Enzo stared at me.

Suddenly, his black eyes went even darker and it was as if he sucked out all the light from the moon. It was pitch darkness mixed with fog so heavy that I immediately began to cough as I inhaled it. Then out of the blue, there was a ball of light and when I looked closer, it was Enzo. He had conjured fire in his hands. His fingertips were engulfed in fire-like spikes.

When he had his fill of proving his point, the darkness was gone and the light of the moon was back. I saw the fire floating atop his hand until he waved it into nothingness.

Who was Alpha Enzo?

"You're a witch who opposes witches?" I didn't even realise when those words escaped my lips.

He took away the powers of witches who crossed into his pack. I should have realised that he had the power to do that because he too was a witch.

"I'm a witch because I am supposed to use this very craft to protect my pack against witches. I have alot to protect here, Raven. That ancestral stone included. I wouldn't be able to do it being only an ordinary Alpha like Kai for example,"

If Alpha Kai felt offended by that comment, he didn't react. He just stood there with a smile in his eyes as he scratched his neck.

"So you knew about my ring? Then?" I wanted more of the story. How did he know that we were mates. I needed to know.

"When I investigated about you, Kai was suspicious and sent your wanted picture from the newspaper," That must have been the newspaper which Tinley got her hands on. I always wondered how it reached her. Now I knew.

"The shock I got when I saw your picture can't be described in words but still, I wanted to believe that you weren't lying so I asked Willow to befriend you," Willow. The little witch. Her loyalty had been to her Alpha all along.