I notice a table placed in the middle of the room so I place the cake carefully on it and I search for the mirror in order to fix my appearance. There’s only 2 mins left until it’s 12.a.m. After I’m done making sure that I look alright, I make my way into Taehyung’s room where I find a sleeping beauty. How can someone look so handsome even while sleeping with hair all over the place? I was almost in awe at the sight and pulled my phone out of my pocket to snap a picture of him. The picture looks too cute for me not to change it into my wallpaper. I put my phone away and get rid of my shoes so that I can climb on the bed where I can have a better look at his ethereal face. “Why are you so handsome?” I whisper as I bring my face closer to his. “Do you know? Everytime I’m close to you, my heartbeat changes” I mumble again more to myself before finally pressing my lips to his soft, warm ones that send chills to my body. Once my lps are against his, I slowly start kissing him. He obviously doesn;t kiss back immediately since he's asleep but soon, my kiss wakes him up and he starts to move his lips unconsciously.
Once he is fully awake, he slowly pulls away to look at me. He looked astonished to see me here but even so, tugged me forward again so we were back to kissing each other. He sits up as he deepens our kiss and holds on to me tightly. There’s something different about the way he’s kissing me. He seems pitifully desperate. I’ve been his girlfriend for 8 months and by now, any change won’t go unnoticed by me.  It’s as if… He’s afraid… afraid of letting me go. It feels as if he is savoring the moment. I want to ask him what’s wrong but I also don’t want to spoil the mood with negative things on his birthday, so I just made a mental note to ask him later.

We kiss until our lungs are burning with the absence of air and trail away apart. our breaths are heavy and unstable as we stare at each other adoringly. I give him a smile, he has no idea how much happiness he brings me. “Happy birthday, love” I say as I pull myself up, gesturing for him to do the same and follow me. He obliges and follows me to the living room where the cake was waiting for us to devour.

His eyes enlarge themselves, his face glowing like the jewel he is as soon as he sees the appealing treat. He gives me his beautiful boxy smile. "Happy birthday to you~" I start singing, picking up the cake in my palms, carefully swinging it in front of Taehyung's face which makes him chuckle. He just stands stationary and watches me doing my little dance. Once I was done with all the singing and dancing, I placed the cake back down on the table, handing the birthday boy the knife. He slices the cake into slim pieces before picking one up and feeding it to me. I grin as I savour the taste before feeding a piece back to him. This continues until the cake is almost gobbled up and our stomachs are filled with the dessert.
"I missed you '' he confessed and I noticed that it's the first thing he told me since I got here. I turn my lip upwards as the mention of those words. Sure, it's nice to hear him say such things but why does he look so sad? For a fact, I know it's his birthday and all the negativity must be washed out but I just can't help but ask him what's wrong. Normally, any man in this situation would have asked, "How did you get in here?" Or a "Thank you" but I get a 'I missed you' at the very beginning, which seems strange to me.

"Is everything okay?" I enquire about him as I occupy the place next to me on the sofa. I'm facing him so that my full attention is directed towards him but I don't get an answer to my question. Instead, I was met with another question, "Why do you love me so much?" His eyes stare deep into my eyes and soul as he waits for a reply. I didn't respond immediately. What's going on in his mind? How am I supposed to answer a question of something I don't know the answer to? I just stare back at his shining silver eyes with a fond look and say, "Kim Taehyung, I don't need a reason to love you because trust me when I say, I don't know why I love you myself but all I do know and I want you to know is…" I grasp his hand in mine and place it on my chest, where my heart, which forever yearns for him, lies "My heart beats for you" my honest and genuine words leaves me shook. He blinks, looking at me with disbelief and love. He doesn't draw his hand back, he leaves it there and his touch increases the beating of my heart.

I pulled my hand back which was earlier on top of his and pushed it inside my pocket to once again pull my hand back but this time, it had a small box with it. I flip the brown, leather box open to reveal a golden necklace which I bought earlier. I slip the chain on his neck, the shiny metal complementing his golden, tanned skin. A tear makes its way down and I turn cautious. I know the gesture was sweet but I don't think it was sweet enough to make a person cry. I get my body closer and hug him tightly, my arms wrapped around his chest.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly. He shook his head as a no and returned the hug. He stays in the same position for a moment before finding his way out. He instead brings his face closer, particularly, his lips closer to mine only to join them together.

He slowly starts kissing me, his hands holding my waist while I hold onto his shoulders. "I love you so much, Ahnjong. I love you so much that it hurts" he makes out the words through his kisses. Why does this sound like a goodbye kiss? I don't like the sound of it.

These thoughts cause me to hold him even closer and tighter if that was even possible. His lips were warm and soft.

They parted slightly, giving entrance to my tongue to slip inside his mouth. His body was pressed against mine, causing mine to radiate with heat which was due to the intensity of the moment caused by him. He just doesn’t seem to know his effect on me.

He breaks the kiss and attacks my collarbone, sucking on it. I tug on his hair as he abuses my sweet spot the very moment he finds it.

He leaves hickeys wherever he likes and I'm at his mercy.

He pushes my shoulder, making me lay down on the couch with a gasp. He returns to his work of making his marks on my skin while I clutch on his shirt as if my life depends on it. I let out a small moan when he bites me. His actions only lead me to believe that he is suffering inside.

This went on for a while and we made love to each other at the end of it, none of us having any regrets, now having been connected through mind, body, and soul, claiming each other.