Chapter 8

Luke's POV

My hands could not stop trembling in anger. There was no way for me to release all this anger that I've been holding in and this letter had drawn the final straw.

I should have waited until Quinn woke up, but the doctors have been whispering about and it doesn't seem like this will end as we all want it to. So I took things into my own hands and read the letter from Quinn's sister, and every time I opened my mouth to read it out loud to Quinn, I couldn't make the words form. Even if they were rightthere on paper. I just couldn't say it.

Teresa had came in many times to check up on me, because she had been noticing that I am also not well.

"Would you like me to read that letter to her?" she said from behind me.

"What letter?" I said, trying to hide it but not succeeding.

"I can read it for her if it is too hard for you. I won't tell anybody what it says."

After realizing that I wouldn't be able to read it myself, I handed the letter to Teresa and she walked over to Quinn's hospital bed and read the letter.

"Quinn, our dad is back at the house now. And he has done some bad things since he's been gone. He started another family but that is not the bad thing. When we were watching the Report they spoke of the crash and how you were the only one in critical danger. He said 'I hope she dies because the only good daughter I have is in the Selection and she'd be a better queen.' Then he said something terrible that he did in the Palace, but I won't write that. Joe and I got caught and they put Joe up to be a guard, as a punishment. Joe could die for us, but I really hope he is okay. I also hope you are okay. I will be visiting you soon but I heard that it's not looking so good for you. Just know that I love you. Love, Jenny"

Teresa read the words in a soft voice, and at no point did she lose her rhythm. Knowing that Quinn heard the letter from a softer voice, rather than my angry voice, seemed to make things better.

She handed the letter back to me and I read over it again, still angry that a father would say something like that about his own child. And I thought about how messed up it was that Quinn has to go through this, all this pain. She went through so much before she got here and she wrote letters for her father and she was so happy to be in the palace and now her last sight could be her being brought into the hospital.

Why is the world so cruel?

"Thank you for reading that." I said, after I calmed myself down. "I just. I couldn't do it myself."

Teresa gave a soft smile, "it's okay. It will be okay."

"Will it? Don't say that if you don't know for sure." I snap. Immediately I felt bad, "I'm sorry. I'm having a rough time right now."

"I know." she said, then she turned and left the room.

"Luke." a voice says, but it's not Teresa's, she already left.

"Luke what happened?" It's Quinn's voice.

————————————

Oh my gosh I FINALLY posted another chapter.. After so many months and I am sorry to have kept you waiting. I was busy and then when I would finally have time to write I'd get writers block and ugh yeah.

So, that chapter was something wasn't it? Let me know what you guys think, who you ship, and what you'd like to see happen in this story. I have an idea on how I want to end it, but you shall see if you keep reading.

Next chapter estimate update: January 1st.