One maid rolled her eyes.

"He is being such a pain in the ass for her as well! We can't have our lady stressed..."

One maid was worried.

The maid who had to pass Irene's request had found herself in front of the butler of the house, personally hired by Irene.

"Lady Irene wants you to tell the Grand Duke, she will not be attending the breakfast because her appetite was lost after hearing his words."

The butler chuckled, "I would love to accept this request," he said thank you and bowed politely before bowing.

The butler of Irene's icy mansion was not old, he was a young adult, quite popular with the maids in the mansion for his looks.

Brown hair with gentle hazel eyes with golden streaks, the maids always gossip about him.

"Butler Kazel seems to be uninterested in any of us..."

One maid whispered as the butler passed by walking.

"But you know, he has his eyes on Roxy."

Another maid responded, "They are quite cute, aren't they?"

Roxy was walking by and saw the butler and decided to greet him.

"Kazel, what are you doing?"

Roxy said excitedly, "Deliver a message from the lady," he says with a smile as he stopped walking after a close distance between him and Roxy.

"Is it quite mean to the Grand Duke?"

Roxy's eyes sparkled as she asked, "If I would say so, yes it is."

"Isn't that wonderful!"

She said cheerfully, "I must go to her lady right now, goodbye Kazel!"

He smiled at her softly with a light tint of red on his cheeks, "Be careful as you walk, Roxy."

Roxy ran and Kazel continued on his walk toward the Grand Duke's mansion.

"See...he is in love with Roxy, I mean I would see why."

One maid said, "Roxy is someone I would fall in love with if I were a male too," another maid responded.

"Let's see if the Grand Duke will pop one of his veins."

They giggled.

"Go back to work, no more gossiping!"

Elle appeared above them, "Yes, head maid!"

They quickly hurried on their way, "Could you be any less strict?"

Ralph commented as he rest on an arm on Elle's shoulder, "Oh shut it,' she said.

"I will do whatever you tell me to."

He smiled at Elle, she only smacked his arm off as a response and left.

"How cruel," Ralph complained.

There was true love in the air in the mansion, the maids have been gossiping about it all week.

Kazel arrived at the Grand Duke's mansion and went in with a proud face.

"What are you saying?"

The Grand Duke's teeth gritted as he spoke.

Kazel took another deep breath, "She had lost her appetite due to her remarks and preferred to not attend."

Trevor tried his best to hold in his laughter, "Why is she so rude to papa," Ingrid puffed.

Kazel looked at the new lady of the house and side-eyed something else as he expressed displeasure.

If you were Lady Irene, you would hate him til the ends of Earth!

He thought to himself.

"This cannot be helped, I can't believe how much she hates me."

Kazel froze.

Is the Grand Duke dumb...?

Is he not aware of his harmful actions?

"Yes, I wonder why too," Trevor replied with the least sarcasm he could hide.

The other two brothers stayed silent, but they equally knew the reason why as well.

It was just the Grand Duke who seemed to be dumb.

The Grand Duke had a thought of his own.

Irene had changed, from a daughter who wanted my attention to a daughter who wants me gone.

Irene who laid in bed with felt a heat wave of anger.

I need to find the person that original Irene went to, so I can find a way out of this place.

~Author's Note~

I thought I would have not posted this chapter, but I did! The discord server is still in the making.