Chapter 53

"She wrote her final entry in Korean...she is just like me," Irene said looking at her elemental spirits in shock.

Irene was trembling from happiness and shock, she wasn't expecting such a find in Irene's mother's grave.

Irene started to read the first chapter of the diary, it was simple and normal.

[Dear diary,

My parents just bought you (the notebook) as a gift for my eighth birthday, I'm so excited about the adventures in the future! 

It's good to practice writing my parents say, but I think I am doing pretty well!

Parents are weird.]

"She really did come from Korea, her writing seems to be pretty good for someone who's eight," Irene said impressed.

Irene continued to flip through the short journey entries one by one, looking thoroughly between words if Diana slipped in any secret messages.

Irene eventually realized everything Diana wrote till her last entry was just a normal small noblewoman who fell in love.

Irene watched Diana grow in the pages, her first day of class, her first pet...even her first confession.

Diana wrote diary entries during her pregnancy with Irene's brothers and Irene as well. Diana's caring words could be heard through the old pages.

[Dear diary,

It's been a long time since I first wrote to you, now I'm pregnant with my second child, I really do hope it's a girl. My husband will have the gender checked by some magical people!

It's exciting no matter how many I do this, either boy or girl I won't be disappointed. I just want a healthy and smart newborn.]

Irene noticed after reading, that Diana liked to keep her entries short and simple, Irene wondered where did Diana even hide her diary throughout her years.

Reading through the pages, the Grand Duke truly loved her and was always in the same room as her.

They were quite a happy couple.

The way Diana described the Grand Duke in the pages from the first meeting to the first night was truly shocking.

He was caring, kind, and understanding. Irene couldn't understand how can such a person change in a short time.

Was Diana's death so damaging to the point you blamed a newborn baby?

Irene was tickling thoughts but flipped through the notebook without an expressive face.

Finally, Irene arrived at the diary entry when Diana was pregnant with Irene, she started to get nervous.

[Dear diary,

I'm pregnant again! Yayy...we promise this is the last child, I'm really really hoping for a girl...I cannot live in a household full of boys.

At least I know if I did get a baby girl, she will be protected by her doting older brothers and caring father.

You will be loved, Sofia...that's the name I want if the baby is a girl, I'm nervous about the checkup. I haven't told anyone, but I've been feeling weak lately.

But I'm sure it will just all go away.]

Irene choked as she read Diana's entry, it highlighted the hopefulness for a loving family and the sign of her early death.