Chapter 2

Now that I am thinking about it...

I looked at myself and covered my mouth.

A five-year-old can walk perfectly well in these small heels and speak so maturely?

I thought long and hard.

I forgot that I am a child...but the maids didn't question it at all which means that this is normal behavior.

"Irene Garcia was gifted at a young age..." I said slowly.

But still didn't get her family's attention, either way...all that hard work for nothing, I puffed.

Well, this job got easier for the speaking part though.

"How am I supposed to help this place, realistically thinking...I have no idea what I am doing."

I looked around, "If I don't know as much, why not learn by reading?"

I smiled at myself, "I can read these no problem...let me read one of these books here," I looked at the books piled on the desk.

I choose the one that stated, "Life is Meaningless, so what is an Atom?"

What the fuck is the title...wait how could even read this, it is in another...! I was speaking the language too!

"Nevermind that, let's start reading!"

I spent the whole day in the library with Elle walking in and out with tea and snacks, it was the fact no one stopped this as an odd behavior.

Irene has been overworking herself for sure.

"I need to read a book about this empire-"

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"It is time for dinner, young miss!"

The maid outside said.

"Okay! I will be right out."

The evening dinner went by peacefully, I was very full.

I was told to go to bed as I had a late dinner, Elle and many other maids got me bathed and helped me change my clothes.

After all of that, Elle told them to leave and she stayed to dry and comb my hair.

As Elle combed my hair, I wondered when was Irene's 6th birthday coming up.

So I decided to ask her, "If you can remind me again, when is my birthday?"

"It's on May 16th, 3 days from now," she responded as her face soften.

"You know your father and brothers got you a gift.." she said with a sad smile.

I laughed.

"What is so funny, Lady Irene?" she said genuinely confused.

"Why would I care if they are buying me a gift or not?"

She was shocked by my response and dropped the comb.

"Are you alright, young miss?"

"Elle, I feel more alright in a while," I replied.

"I just had a wake-up call that's it, I won't be caring about them now so say whatever you want about them."

Elle thought about it, and let it lose.

"Oh thank god, I hated those men...those bastards, those fuckers, those-"

"Elle, I think that is enough, I got the idea," I said as I was holding in my laugh.

Elle picked up the comb and smiled, "I like that you matured, but it's a bit too much today..."