childish games [f.a.c.e. family]

NOTE: the reader is françois and oliver's child. allen is oliver's child, while matthieu is françois's child, and you were adopted by oliver and françois a couple of years after they were married. just to clarify, it's just a little headcanon that I like to use sometimes when writing about f.a.c.e.

Red eyes were glued to yours, never once wavering. You had yet to look away, intent on winning.

Allen suddenly brought a hand close to your face, watching as you flinched to get away, blinking in the process.

Matthieu groaned from the couch. "That's cheating, dumbass," he rolled his eyes. He still didn't understand why Allen continued to play these childish games with you, but he assumed that since you were only eight, it was fair. However, Allen was a sore loser, especially if it meant that his siblings were about to beat him.

"Watch it!" Oliver piped up from the kitchen. "No cussing around [Y/N]. Put a quarter in the swear jar."

Allen snickered under his breath, his eyes still boring into yours.

A whimper escaped the back of your throat, tears beginning to form in your eyes. If he was going to be that way, then you would do it, too.

"What-why the hell are you crying, kid?"

Allen groaned and moved to pick you up, breaking eye contact and blinking.

Your tears immediately dissipated, and you giggled, kissing your brother's cheek.

"You lost," you said, swatting his hands away. You quickly ran over to your father, arms stretched out to him.

François couldn't help his chuckle. He lifted you into his lap, looking over at Allen.

"Really? You fell for that, again?" he smirked, hand gently ruffling your hair. "You're more of a moron than I thought."

Allen glared at you, pissed. "You little-"

"Watch it," Oliver said from the doorway, rolling his eyes at his son. He came over and took you from François, hugging you close. "You're such a smart cupcake," he said, smiling all the while. You cuddled into him, giggling. "I wonder who you get that from."