family dinner [viktor braginski]

NOTE: you and viktor are married and have a child together named elena. reader is referred to as mama twice, but there are no other gender-identifying words.

Viktor paid no mind to the child running around his desk. Soft giggles sounded throughout his study as she chased after the kitten his partner had recently begged him to buy. Little мак was not amused, meowing as she hid under an armchair.

Viktor was busy-he let out a sigh through his nose as he tried his best to ignore his girl. If his daughter truly needed him, she would say something.

You stood in the doorway, his loving partner, watching both him and their chubby little girl who finally caught мак. She giggled triumphantly, showing you the little orange ball of fur.

A sigh escaped your lips, betraying the smile you shared with Elena.

Viktor glanced up from his papers, ending up on you after just a moment. He was quiet, his pen sitting on the desk as he waited for you to say something.

"Will you be joining Elena and me for dinner?" you asked, your arms crossed over your chest. You loved Viktor, but you wished he would step away from his desk. It was difficult to sit with your daughter and explain to her that her father was busy, every single night.

"No," Viktor simply said, averting his gaze once more.

Elena whined from beside him, letting мак jump to the floor.

"But папа, you promised!" she whined, grabbing onto his sleeve. "Mama said you did!"

He looked at you, pursing his lips. You weren't sure if it was out of annoyance or not. He lifted his little Elena onto his lap.

"What if..." he mumbled, leaning forward to kiss her chubby cheek. "What if your mama had dinner brought here? папа needs to finish his work before morning."

You walked over and gently took his face in your hands, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "Alright, Vik," you said. "Elena, stay here with papa, hm?"

Elena only smiled and cuddled into her dad as he resumed working on his paperwork, not waiting for you to leave the room.

мак - poppy
папа - papa