Chapter Thirty Three

Começar do início

Thalia smirked. "Go together."

I pouted and sat, legs crossed. "I wanna go with you."

The woman let out a low groan and rolled her brown eyes, those same brown eyes with the green irises setting on me soon after. "Fine."

I pumped both fists in the air. "And you'll dance with me."

"Fuck no." She immediately glared at me.

I only smiled, knowing fully well that I was going to pester her until she caved.

Three days later, Paul, Thalia and I were on our way to Blue and Vivian's wedding. I sat in the backseat, trying to sneak in any and every peek of the woman in the passenger seat besides my friend.

Thalia wore a dark green, off shoulder dress that went down to her feet, the top fitting snugly against her body while the bottom flared out. The slit showed the entirety of her left leg and that was what I spent my time perving on.

When we got to the wedding venue, I got out and briskly walked around the car to open her door. Thalia shot me an annoyed look and, with some hesitance, took my offered hand. My smile widened as she stood before me, her heels bringing her closer to my face.

"Ready?" I asked, admiring the pretty but simple hair updo.

"No." She grumbled, letting my hand go before wrapping that same hand around my arm. "What?"

I gently shook my head as I looked down at her. "You look beautiful."

Her eyes softened before her gaze flicked down my body. I looked down too at my black suit and black shirt, trying to see what she was looking at. Thalia's free hand snaked up my chest to the tie around my neck, before she reached higher and pinched my cheek.

"So do you."

Before I could respond, a throat cleared and we both looked at Paul. "Third wheeling sucks. Can we go in now? I can't look at it any longer."

The wedding ceremony went by smoothly and the reception was a couple of hours in when I started asking Thalia for a dance.

"Even Paul is dancing with someone." I whispered to her in a whiny tone as we stood watching everyone.

"That woman in the blue dress has been staring at you. Go ask her." Thalia muttered back.

I moved my eyes from the crowd to the gorgeous woman in green next to me. "Please?" I softened my voice in hope that it swayed her.

She groaned quietly, her lips pouting out in that cute way it does. "One dance?"

I nodded with a big smile and offered my hand to her. Thalia took it with a small smile and red cheeks.

I held the smaller woman close, right hand clasped with her left and my other hand on her waist. The hand on my shoulder sent a comforting warmth to my skin even through my clothes. If she only moved her hand a few inches down, Thalia would feel how out of control my heart was currently beating for her. Brown eyes were looking down, mine were focused on her and the pouted lips. I couldn't quite tell if it was an actual pout then or just her lips.

"Are you pouting?"

Her gaze slowly lifted to my face. "No. Well, maybe a little."

"Why?" I placed her other hand on my shoulder and grabbed hold of her waist securely.

Thalia linked her fingers behind my neck, the automatic action bringing us even closer. "I think I'm a little bit jealous." She admitted so softly I wouldn't have heard if we weren't so near.

I frowned. "What? Why?"

Her lips formed a cute scowl. "That woman keeps looking at you."

I didn't bother trying to see who she was talking about, but I did smile at the way her eyes avoided my own. "And I keep looking at you."

She looked up, staring back at me with another blush. Then she pushed my face away. "Whatever."

Leaning down a little, I almost pressed a kiss to her forehead. But I remembered we hadn't talked about anything yet. I didn't know if she was staying or leaving. I didn't know if she wanted me the same ways I wanted her.

I twirled the woman around to rid us of the small awkward moment my action caused. "You look beautiful. Have I mentioned that today? Because you really do."

"Uh huh." She slowly wrapped her arms around my neck again. "You're a dork."

"You're beautiful." I responded. "What? You are." I said again when she eyed me weirdly.

Thalia sighed and looked away, keeping her eyes on something while I continued to stare at her. "They look really happy. Vivian and Blue."

I followed her line of sight, watching the newly wed couple and the little boy that danced around them. "They do."

"That's their son?"

"Mhm hm. Cute, huh?" I said teasingly.

Thalia glanced at me before looking back at the child. "Yeah, cute." She whispered, her tone not one I'd heard from her before.

We kept swaying to the music as I kept my gaze on her, trying to figure out the expression she had. I couldn't place it at first, mainly because Thalia usually refrained from showing how she felt. My eyes soaked in the soft, loving eyes and barely concealed frown. The soft eyes also held some pain, along with the strained gulp and heaving chest.

Longing, that's what it was.

I did put that kiss on her forehead then, successfully bringing her attention to me and away from whatever pain she was living in a moment ago. I closed my eyes, my lips lingering against her skin. I could feel her breath on the flesh of my neck, it elicited a small shiver from me.

"You smell nice too." I murmured.

A small chuckle was my reward for the random compliment.

-E