Chapter Twenty Seven

Thalia

Whatever I was snuggled up against was radiating more heat than I'd ever experienced. It felt nice, but it also didn't with the way my body was beginning to sweat.

I wiggled and tried to pull away, but it kept me secure. Forcing my eyes open, Kenzie's chest was the first thing I saw. I was very aware of how close our naked bodies were and just where her not so little friend was positioned.

"Quit moving." She sleepily grumbled with her eyes still closed.

"I need to get up." I murmured, but stopped trying to get out anyway.

"What...is that?" Kenzie frowned, eyes barely open. She gazed down between us and her frown only deepened. "Oh, that's just nasty."

I already knew what she meant so I dropped my head back on the pillow. "Yes, move so I can clean myself."

The woman mumbled out some incoherent words as she dragged herself up. "Let's go. Come on." Facing forward, she blindly reached for my hand.

I was too tired to protest so let her take us to the bathroom. After Kenzie finished cleaning her stomach and brushing her teeth, she left me to get ready for the day. When I came out with a towel around my body and one on my head, I noticed the clean bedsheets she must have changed.

Sitting down on the newly made bed, I lazily pulled off the towel on my head and dried my hair. There was something nagging at the back of my head, a lost thought. Wringing the towel in my hands, I tried to remember what it was.

"You okay?"

I nodded without looking up, keeping my eyes down. "We had sex."

A pause before, "we did."

"And we slept together." I continued, voicing out my thought.

"Y-yeah."

I looked up when I heard the nervous stutter. "I usually kick the other person out. Because-"

"Because?" The woman who was dressed in a towel and sports bra came and sat beside me.

"Disgust. It always there right after." I gazed into sparkling Caribbean blue eyes. "There was none last night."

She exhaled dramatically. "Geez, woman. Lead with that next time. Sitting there with that look on your face."

I cracked a small smile, still coming to terms with certain things I was feeling for the very first time. "Sorry."

"Still up for that date?"

My heart pumped just a tad faster at the hopeful look in her eyes. "Yeah. Yeah, I am."

"Get dressed. I'm gonna shower." With that she disappeared behind the bathroom door.

I slipped on a pair of black jeans and a blue fitted t-shirt. I laid on the loveseat with my book while waiting for Kenzie to be done.

I peeked over my book when she appeared. She was doing a weird dance and singing, her hair up and torso completely bare. I stifled the laugh and watched on as she got dressed, seemingly oblivious to me being here but I knew she wasn't. Kenzie just didn't care about being a dork.

"You're a very peculiar human being." I commented.

"Why?" She beamed at me, head poking out of her black sleeveless t-shirt.

I looked on while she struggled to put her arms in. "You're just so happy all the damn time."

"It's all bullshit sometimes. But, it's better than being down about something I have no control over." She flexed her arms. "Look at that. Sexy, huh?"