Chapter 13 | Physics

TW: Panic attack.

S A D I E

I walk into Physics with a little skip in my step. I feel somewhat.. happy, giddy. I spot Jaxon and walk towards him. I drop my bag on the floor and plop into the chair.

'Hey, Jax!' I lean in and give him a side hug.

'You look cheerful. Is it something to do with a certain Edwards...?' He smiles knowingly. I glare at him.

'He's giving us the marks today.' He says, nodding towards the teacher, Mr. Brown.

I wince. 'I hope I did good. I studied the whole weekend.'

But Jax wasn't listening, because Elliana walked into the room. His eyes brighten but I notice he doesn't smile his usual smile. His grin looked forced. Elliana glances at Jax, nods her head at him, glares at me, and goes to sit next to Monica, one of the cheerleaders.

I turn to Jax. 'What was that about?'

He acts clueless. 'What do you mean?'

'Do I look that dumb Jax, she didn't give you her 'I love you I could die' look. She gave you the 'Eh, I know you exist but you don't mean anything to me' look.'

Jax looks even more clueless. 'Girls have different looks?'

'Yes, dumbass! So what happened?'

'We just got into a fight.'

'Judging by the way she glared at me, it was because of our friendship.' I declare.

Jax looks uncomfortable. 'She thinks, now that we are dating, me and you-'

'You and I.' I correct him.

He glares at me. 'You and I have to be more... distant.'

'Huh?'

'Yeah... She says we are too close.'

'We've been best friends since we were three! What does she expect us to be? Enemies?'

'I don't know.' He shrugs.

'So you broke up?'

He shakes his head just as Mr. Brown claps his hands to get our attention.

'Right, we have a full house. We can start-'

'Sir! Marks!' Someone reminds him.

'Right! Right! Thank you.' He grabs his bag and rummages through his bag and pulls a stack of papers. He starts handing them out. As he gets closer I start getting more and more anxious.

'Sadie. Stop bouncing your leg, you're making the table shake.' Jax hisses at me.

I apologize and start fidgeting with my hands instead. Finally, the teacher reaches us and hands Jax his paper.

'Honestly, Jaxon, caught me by surprise, well done. Keep it up.'

I look over at Jax as he gapes at his exam paper.

'I got an A.' He mutters, and I break into a grin. 'I got an A!' He yells, almost jumping from joy. He turns to me with a huge smile on his face and my chest fills with pride, knowing how hard he worked for this exam.

'But I was even surprised with yours Sadie.' He says, putting the paper upside face down and walks off.

I frown and turn it around.

The happiness that filled my insides vanishes.
The joy I entered the class with dissapears into a puff of smoke. 
The pride that filled my soul withers into a corner and dies.
Every ounce of hope that was filling up my heart shatters into a million pieces.