Chapter 10 : Escape

Start from the beginning

Well, we have no choice, but to sacrifice them.

What?

Hyung, I don’t want to do this as much as you do, but it can’t still in there forever. It’s now or never.

Johnny hesitated, his eyes drifting to the side before he fixed his position and nodded.

Right away.

Another mistake. They sent in one, who was bitten into and almost torn apart before the thing lost interest, so let go of him. It was until they sent in the second one, it woke up as the same, it seemed the woman was too afraid and ran out but left the door open. They ran out and jumped onto her, eating her until there was nothing left besides a large puddle of blood and leftovers. The third man tried to escape but was met with the same fate, but Donghyuck couldn’t risk that man holding the curse and began to bang on the window that separated them. It caught their attention, and they ran to the window, slapping their bloody hands onto the glass. It was until he realized, it was breakable.

Hyung, go upstairs.

When he didn’t move, Donghyuck yelled.

Go upstairs!!

Johnny snapped out of his trance and nodded, leaving the lab and up the glass steps. Donghyuck stared ahead, the rest of the scientists behind him waiting for something else to happen. Then there was a crack in the glass. Another. There was a hole, they both tried to stick their arms through it, only for it to cut through their skin but slowly more cracks began to surround the hole. Donghyuck turned his head, where he saw the three cures used but there were more. He slowly took all of them, stuffing them in his pocket before he turned around, making his way towards the stairs.

Where are you going?

There are weapons in the closet.

With that, Donghyuck pulled down the lever from the top of the stairs, where a small section in the wall pushed in then pulled out a shotgun. He installed it when it was everyone’s day off. He then stepped into the janitors closet, where he shot the glass stairs until they all were nothing but shattered particles. The scientists began to shout at him, but Donghyuck only turned around and left the closet. He purposely left the little door open so if any of them survived before they were all miraculously killed, they would be able to escape. Johnny was outside waiting for him, his fingers up to his lips as he stared nervously at the building until he saw Donghyuck.

I have some news.

What happened now?

Well, uh, they’re going to blow up the hospital, or at least part of it..

Why?!

Donghyuck turned to face the building, the workplace he has been with for the past four years and has really hated everyone in it if he had to be honest, besides a few who were on decent levels with him like Johnny.

They don’t want to risk it, they said it will explode in an hour or two due to what is happening underground. They’re setting it up now.

Are they having the patients evacuate?

Yes.

Then whatever, I don’t care. Everything will be taken care of, I hope.

Donghyuck shrugged, his gaze remaining on the building until he noticed Johnny took a few steps closer to him, so he rose his chin to look up at him.