"As I have explained to this problem demon squad, they are chosen to close those cracks, defeat the enemy and save the world. That's all."

"That's all you say." Wei Wuxian grunted, "defeating the enemy rings the hardest hurdle. Right? He-Xiong, Cheng-Xiong?"

Hua Cheng remained silent for a while. Luo Binghe glanced at Shen Yuan. Shen Yuan had never been able to understand why Luo Binghe glanced at him.

"If not for you three misbehaving, you could have stopped Bai Wuxiang's nasty ritual on His Highness, Crown Prince XianLe, the attack on Shen Qingqiu at the Bamboo house, and Cloud recesses burning. There's no one to blame but your rash decision."

"San Lang?" Xie Lian couldn't help but feel sad at Hua Cheng's conduct.

"You can't blame me, Gege. I was taken to a weird place, woke up with these two, and was later told to save the world. Take a look at us Ge, there's nothing redeemable on us. I am a nasty ghost, *points at Binghe* he's a demon sprawl, *points at Wuxian* a shitty whining demonic master. It was too far for a joke to tell us to save the world..."

"Agreed." Luo Binghe assent, "I told them already... We might as well destroy the world."

"It's like cracking a boulder with a stone."

"Understandable..." Shen Qingqiu's said and lowered his fan. Nie Huaisang's eyes landed on Shen Qingqiu's beautiful mint green and white fan. "Hearing this for the first time, this might as well be a joke."

"But it wasn't." Lan Wangji interjected and sighed.

The demon squad flinched at the heavy gazes their loved ones are throwing at them. However, there was no fault in their words. "I understand San Lang... What's done is already done... What we need to do now, is how to fight back. If these cracks appeared on the mortal plane, of course, next would appear in the Peaks."

Shen Qingqiu's dropped the question offhandedly, "I have to be frank, of all the enemies that came after you three, who are the strongest?"

Hua Cheng spoke, "Bai Wuxiang, for the cowardly gods, he's formerly known as the Martial Emperor."

Luo Binghe, "I only fought my father... TianLang-jun... However, the one who attacked Shizun is not him... *Glances at Shen Qingqiu, then the old sage, then back to Shen Qingqiu*... Someone... I don't know."

A lie. Shen Qingqiu noticed Luo Binghe lied. Hua Cheng and Wei Wuxian's worried gaze made it noticeable even for Xie Lian and Lan Wangji. Lan Wangji expected Wei Wuxian to be mindful of everyone's problems. And Xie Lian didn't expect Hua Cheng to have that kind of caring expression for another—it made him happy.

"Master Lan Wangj—"

"How dare you casually call Hanguang-jun by his courtesy name?" Sect Leader Yao interjected.

"He can." Mu Qing finally spoke for the first time in the whole conversation, "His Highness the Crown Prince is a god. If anything, you're the rude one for interfering in this serious business."

"It's okay... It doesn't matter... Well then, Hanguang-ju—"

"Wangji is enough Your Highness."

"Then call me Xie Lian too—or Lian-ge! I must ask, who are the other enemies of the mortal plane?"

"Aside from Wen Rouhan... there's Former Sect Leader Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyao." Lan Wangji replied, "Lian-ge... I believe, there are more than three enemies. I've seen the dark figures looming above Wen Rouhan before they left."

"There are seven." Luo Binghe said, "seven enemies."

"Then there's still five unknown enemies... I believe we must enter into a treaty for this..." Shen Qingqiu proposed, "I believe my Cang Qiong Peak and the Martial had agreed, along with Master Jiang, Master Nie, and Master Lan Wangji... Though this may seem frivolous, the earlier conversation between the martial gods and the mortal is disappointing. Only a few could be trusted within the human ranks. It wouldn't do us well having them around. What can you say Lian-ge?"