|Chapter 20|

In the next following days, Willow didn't dare to use her peculiarity. She came to conclusion that she was so drained that she couldn't use it anymore without risking hurting herself, like what happened when she tried to use it on Emma. At first, Willow stayed in her room, too exhausted to be able to leave her bed.

Alma was often at her bedside, trying to change her mind by telling her the stupid things the children did. It worked; Willow never got bored. And even when Alma and she were just cuddling in silence, the young woman was the happiest she could be. Just her and Alma, without no one to disturb them. Emma came once or twice just like Horace and some of the children. But when it was taking too long, Alma was always there to remind the children that Willow had to rest. 

    The headmistress came in Willow's room that night after she did the reset and after she put the children to bed. It was Willow's favourite time of the day, when the entire house was asleep, leaving the two of them in a certain vibe of unreal, fantasy, like if they were going to wake up at any time.

But these moments were real and God, how thrilled Willow was when she heard her bedroom's door open, Alma appearing under the doorframe, a dazzling smile painted on her face. The headmistress quietly closed the door when she entered in the bedroom only illuminated by the moon rays shining through the window.

Willow got up feeling much better now and she gave the ymbryne a long, tender kiss on the lips. Alma made her body touch Willow's by taking the young woman by the hips, softly squeezing them. Before Willow pulled away, she gently bit the bottom lip of Alma, a smirk gracing her features.

"Hey you.'' Willow said with a honeyed voice. She dragged Alma in her bed, both lying down to face each other. With the tip of her index, Willow removed a curly strand of raven hair off Alma's forehead, her hand lingering on the ymbryne's soft cheek.

"I see that you are getting better.'' Alma joined her hand with Willow's, running her thumb on the young woman's back hand. Even in the dark, Alma could still see the beautiful face features of her little protege. 

"Now that you're here, how could I not?'' Alma brushed her nose against Willow's, but when she tailed off, she saw a cloud pass in her eyes, her smile now disappearing slowly.

"What is it darling?''

"I've been meaning to ask you something.'' The ymbryne nodded, encouraging her to continue. "It crossed my mind earlier and I wanted to know: what was it like before I came in the loop?''

"Oh, it was much better, you have no idea!'' The women both chuckled and Willow gently smacked Alma's arm before she rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face.

"No, I'm serious! How was it like to be the only grown up here around so many children?'' They both had now a serious expression on their faces, Alma looking at the pillow trying to find how to describe how lonely she felt sometimes.

"Let's say that sometimes it was hard. I love the children very much, you know that, but it tends to get lonely when you have no one your age to talk to. There were times harder than the others, but I was aware of the possible loneliness that being an ymbryne brings.''

"And you never considered, you know, finding someone who could live with you in the loop?'' Alma looked at Willow surprised.

"Are you saying that you would have preferred for me to be with somebody else?'' Asked Alma with amusement. Willow's eyes widened after she realized her words.

"No, oh my god no! I didn't mean-'' 

"It's okay dear, I know what you meant.'' The ymbryne smiled fondly at Willow who felt the blood rush to her cheeks. "To answer your question, no I have not. The children were and have always been my priority, I didn't have the time to find a companion. But like a miracle, you came into my life and I am honoured to have you as a girlfriend.''

"I'm so sorry Al that you had to go through these hard times alone... I promise you that you'll never be alone again. I'm here now and I'm not ready to go.'' Alma laid a 'thank you' kiss on Willow's lips, the heat of the girl's red cheeks radiating on her face.

This is a small chapter, but I'll post the next chapter soon, like right after this one. I hope you're doing good and have a great day/night! Love you all!!
M<3