|Chapter 13|

The next morning, Willow woke up by the sunlight burning on her closed eyes. She tried to move a little, but she noticed that an arm was surrounding her. She looked behind her and saw Miss Peregrine sleeping, her mouth slightly open, her warm breath tickling Willow's neck.

The sun taping on her face made dark blue highlights appear in her Raven hair. Her emotionless face was angelic, Willow could watch her sleep all day long. After a few instants, the ymbryne slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was Willow's pretty face. It made her smile instantly.

She sat up, stretching her arms and yawning widely. Willow couldn't stop looking at the headmistress, she was the definition of gorgeous. The young woman kissed Alma's cheek softly, making sure her lips lingered on Alma's skin for a couple of seconds.

"Good morning sleepyhead!" Willow said to Alma, smiling widely at her.

"Good morning babygirl." Alma gave Willow her smile back and she landed a kiss on her protege's collarbone. "How did you sleep?"

"Amazingly well! I see that someone decided to stay over for the night." Willow smirked and Alma opened her mouth to speak.

"Well when you fell asleep, I didn't want risking to wake you up, so I stayed. And I'm glad I did, I can see that you have crud in the corners of your eyes which is adorable."

The ymbryne chuckled when Willow got out of bed and ran to her floor mirror to see if Miss Peregrine said the truth. The young woman took the crud out of her eyes and while she was doing that, thunder was heard. The ymbryne jumped, she never liked storms and loud noises. And Willow knew that.

That's why when she giggled, Miss Peregrine immediately understood that it wasn't real, Willow used her peculiarity to scare Alma. It would've been strange if the storm were real because a couple of minutes ago, it was sunny outside.

The ymbryne rolled her eyes, she would get used to Willow's peculiarity one day... It was now sunny again when Alma stood up and walked towards Willow. She took her by her waist and she brought her closer to her.

"You must've used it a lot, haven't you." Alma said, examining Willow's face features.

"What?"

"Your peculiarity." Willow wrapped her arms around Alma's neck and she shook her head.

"Believe it or not, I haven't. I wanted to stay away from everything that wasn't considered normal, including my peculiarity... But because of that, I've waisted so many years of my life when I could've come here sooner."

"Perhaps it was meant to be. Look at you now, you've bloomed like a rose. The years I have waited for you worth it." Alma's comment made Willow blush, it was so sweet!

But the cute moment got interrupted by Olive and Emma calling out Alma's name from the first floor. The women both got out of Willow's bedroom, making sure nobody could see them. They were still wearing the clothes they worn the day before, but it didn't matter at the moment.

They hurried to climb down the stairs and once in the lobby, Miss Peregrine noticed that Emma was holding a bird. A really particular bird in fact. It was Miss Avocet, an ymbryne that Miss Peregrine knew. She looked hurt and tired, her head was hardly supported by her neck.

Alma gently took her from Emma's hands and with her thumb, she rubbed the bird's wing softly. Willow appeared slowly behind the headmistress and she asked if the bird was okay.

"It's Miss Avocet. But I wonder why she is here. Where did you find her girls?" Alma turned to face Olive and Emma, narrowing her eyes.

"We were talking outside because the temperature was good and we saw her fly weirdly before she crashed at our feet. So we took her inside and then you came." Emma explained gesticulating a lot. She looked nervous, in fact she was, she didn't know if Miss Avocet would make it.

"You did the right thing, thanks girls." Miss Peregrine looked down at the bird in her hands. "I'll take care of you."