𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆|| 𝑭𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

At home, they were all waiting for Arsalan; he was the one who was going to hold the cake while they surprise her in her bedroom. More than two hour had passed, they should've been home by now but they were not, They were starting to get worried when Faizan's phone rang, making their attention shift to him. Arsalan and Karim Shah had gone to get some work done, and their absence was worrying them. When the phone rang, and Faizan heard it, his heart stopped!

His face looked white as someone had just drained his blood. "Kya hua hai Faizan, kon tha?" he stammered, struggling to find words to answer his mother.

(What happened, who was it?)

His eyes held horror while his tongue spat out the words with such difficulty that it was almost impossible to understand, but they did somehow.

The floor slipped out from under her feet; she could feel herself getting cold. Her husband and her son both were met with a tragic accident. "K-kya?" they heard a little broken whisper.

(What)

They turned to see Rubaab standing there, her eyes wide and wet. They all had the look of terror on their faces. Faizan somehow said, "A-ammi h-hospital."

Arsalan was so excited for today; he was finally going to have his little wife legal; she was going to be eighteen. It was almost a year of their wedding, and till now, they had never celebrated something like birthdays together. It was eight when he was returning home while picking up Karim Shah from his office too.

Karim Shah, on insistence, made Arsalan come to some mall with him, and they both bought gifts for Rubaab. While they were still on the hasty and kind of far road from their home, Arsalan's car was hit by another car, making both cars fly from each other. Karim Shah, who was sitting in the passenger seat, was hit with the impact of the back seat as his seat flew backward. But he felt Arsalan's hands wrapped around him, which somehow protected his head.

Arsalan, on the other hand, couldn't comprehend; his head hit the dashboard and the window. The window broke, making some of the broken glass pierce him. He was to steady the car in a process of saving themselves. His head wasn't hit just one time but more than that. The car flipped so many times. Arsalan saw nothing in the flipped car; his head spun, and his lips muttered, "Ya Allah..."

Rubaab and Haseena were crying mess; they both had their arms wrapped around each other. They were currently going through the pain of seeing their husbands in ICU. They all had been waiting for so long since the time they reached there with Faizan along with Adil and Adnaan, surprisingly! They were informed that their condition wasn't something to be ignored.

The other driver was said to be out of his consciousness; he was drunk driving, a 17-year-old boy with some of his friends. They were four, in which the one who was driving and the one sitting in the passenger seat had died, while the others just had some minor injuries.

Hearing of the death shook their hearts to the core; faizan and haseena were sitting in the same positions. After what felt like an eternity, they saw a doctor emerging out of the room where Karim Shah was. Faizan and Haseena bombarded him with questions.

"Ap log fikar na karen, the safety bag had opened when their car flipped. Unko zyada injuries nahi hain siwaye some fractured bones. He is currently unconscious because of Anesthesia but will soon be with you."

(Do not worry, they didn't get much injuries)

They finally let out a sigh of relief on one side. Haseena, upon seeing Rubaab's anxious form, asked the doctor about her son, on which he replied, "Unke bare mai abhi tak koi khabar nahi mere pass, but we'll let you know." Saying this, the doctor went away with a nurse trailing behind him.

(We dont know anything about hum)

Sitting beside Rubaab, Haseena  hugged her and waited for any news for her son. Rubaab had borne many traumas and had lived through them, but if something happened to Arsalan, then it would be her last day too!

After some time, the doctor again came out, and this time he asked for Arsalan's family, on which they all stood up. "Arsalan was met with harsh contact of the dashboard, we assume, so many times when the car flipped. The mirror of the window on his side was completely broken, which resulted in piercing them into Arsalan's body his right side of two limbs and his right side of the leg are broken. His head was hit with hard things, so there were some inner damages in his head. We cant say anything about him, he isn't out of danger... And sorry, but he has lost his consciousness, he is in a coma. We don't know when he will be with us."

The family members could only look at the doctor when he said so much. It was hard to digest that the man who was excited some hours ago was now fighting for his life and death. The patience and hope Rubaab was showing now broke. She broke down in heavy sobs, making Haseena snap out of her trauma. She saw Rubaab sitting on the floor holding onto the chairs.

Her heart broke seeing her; her child was in a coma while the other one crying like she had already lost all the hopes. Sitting beside Rubaab, Haseena gripped her jaw harshly and made Rubaab look at her. Her gaze was hard but filled with tears. "Kuch nahi hoga mere bete ko! Samjhi! Rona nahi hai. Mera Arsalan bahut bahadur hai, wapas aega." Rubaab, in a daze, nodded and tried to stop her sobs, resulting in them turning into whimpers.

(Nothing will happen to my son, he will come back. He is so brave, he will come)

"Shhhh... Mera beta sahi hojae ga Rubaab, hum us se milenge." Faizan averted his eyes from his mother and Rubaab; his heart was heavy too. His other half-brother was in a state he never wanted anyone to be in. His tear-filled eyes were met with his Adil Chachu, who himself was in tears after witnessing the hard time of sadness that fell upon them, on Rubaab and Haseena.

(My son will be happy, we will meet him)

He moved forward and wrapped his arms around Faizan's shoulder, and that was the last string of Faizan's emotion. He cried holding his Chachu, his cries echoed in the hospital along with Rubaab's whimpers.

The hospital witnessed the once, happy man lying broken on the bed of life and death. His wife that he promised to love, broken to the core. His mother that went into a state of denial, and his brother, his shoulder to cry on, crumbling. The hospital witnessed the once happy family, shattered!