𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆||𝑨𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

As night descended, Arsalan returned to the warmth of his home. There, he discovered his mother, Haseena, patiently stationed at the dining table, a culinary haven awaiting him. A smile graced his lips as he approached, offering a Salam, sealing the greeting with a gentle kiss upon her cheek. In that moment, the gratitude for having her as his mother enveloped him.

"Mere bete, betho khana Khao... Abhi abhi garam Karke rakha tha, acha hua tum agae," she urged, her voice a soothing melody. They shared a quiet meal, a son and his mother, a tranquil prelude to the revelation that loomed.

(My son, sit down and eat... I just heated the food; it's a good thing you arrived.)

Haseena, a mother of profound understanding, chose a path of revelation rather than inquiry. Arsalan, attuned to her unspoken dialogue, sensed the impending disclosure. Prepared for the sacred journey of matrimony, he placed unwavering trust in the wisdom of his parents.

"Beta, bat Karni hai tumse?" Haseena broke the stillness with a tender query. The air thickened with anticipation as she unveiled her concealed worry, "Tumne kaha tha na k Tum shadi ka socho ge kuch salon bad, or dekho na kitna time hogaya hai."

(I wanna talk with you)
(You said you'll think about marriage, its too long now)

"G Ammi, kis ko choose kia hai apne," Arsalan sought clarity, his gaze fixed on her. Haseena's response bore a surprising revelation, "Rubaab ko!" A momentary pause hung in the air as Arsalan grappled with the reality. "Rubaab? Seriously?" he questioned, eyebrows knit in incredulity.

(Yes, Mom, whom have you chosen?)

"Ammi... I respect your decision in my marriage, but Rubaab bhot choti hai... bhot bara age difference hai. I don't think she'll be comfortable with me like this," Arsalan expressed his apprehensions, his words dancing on the edge of reluctance.

(Mom... I respect your decision in my marriage, but Rubaab is very young... there's a significant age difference. I don't think she'll be comfortable with me like this.)

With a reassuring touch, Haseena conveyed, "Janti hun mere bete... Lekin hame Rubaab ko apne pass rakhna hai... use protect karna hai.. or ye mat samajhna k mai sirf is wajah se tumhari shadi kara rahi hun... Wo achi larki hai mai hamesha se use apne pass rkhna chahti thi!" Her eyes pleaded with a maternal intensity, a plea rooted in love.

(I know, my son... But we want to keep Rubaab close to us... to protect her. And don't think that I am arranging your marriage just for this reason... She is a good girl, and I have always wanted to keep her close to me!)

Arsalan, exhaling a deep breath, acquiesced, "G Ammi. Wo to theek hai.. lekin kahin aise na ho k hum usse zabar dasti karrahe ho... wo abhi choti hai.. usne apni life explore nhi kari or use abhi in baton ka maloom bhi nhi hai... kya agar wo age jake pachtae?"

(Yes, Mom. That's fine... but let's not force her into anything. She is still young, hasn't explored life, and doesn't even know about these matters yet... What if she regrets it when she's older?)

Despite Haseena's unwavering confidence, Arsalan's hesitation lingered. "Usne already haan kardi hai.. or kya tum apni shaadi mai aisa moqa ane doge jo tumari biwi pachtae?" Haseena challenged, her eyes holding a conviction that surpassed societal norms.

(She has already said yes... and will you allow a situation in your marriage where your wife regrets)

Arsalan, wrestling with societal expectations, voiced his concern, "Nhi ammi.. aisa mai hone nhi dunga... Lekin society? Apko pata hai na... Log kitni baten banae ge uski age ko lekar!" Haseena dismissed the societal shackles with a graceful defiance, responding with,
"We shouldn't care about society, we will never move on if we do"