𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏|| 𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆'𝒔

The mornings of winter in Karachi aren't something to like exactly! With almost half of Pakistanis populating the city and exhibiting remarkable punctuality in rising early to attend to their respective duties, they seem indifferent to the fact that their engines contribute to escalating pollution. Living in this country is undoubtedly challenging, but no matter how hard it is, Karachi is the heart of Pakistan!

It was 6 in the morning when Rimsha woke up; she has been an early riser since her college days, and even after graduating, that habit of hers didn't change. She stood in front of the window in her room with the cup of caramel cappuccino that she likes to make herself.

She wasn't regretting what she did last night in front of Ali. Still, she was hell scared of going in front of her mother and directly telling her she's going to marry Ali no matter what!! Like who even does that? Not her!

The only option left to her was her brother, who knew everything about her, but after the behavior they showed with Rubaab, she was sure he wouldn't agree.

Sighing, she closed the window again and went out of the room with her now empty cup. In the dining room where nobody except Arsalan and Rubaab were seated, she made her way towards them.

Saying her salaam, she sat beside Rubaab, who gave her a breathtaking smile and asked if she wanted breakfast. Rimsha declined; the behavior of Rubaab is always different no matter what has fallen on her! Rimsha so wanted to be Rubaab! Rimsha cleared her throat, "Bhai... Ap se bat karni?" and said to Arsalan, who nodded while eating, almost knowing what's the reason. It's not daily you would see Rimhsa hesitating!

(Bhai, I have to talk)

"Kaho," Rimsha gulped and remembered the time when she was being a sherni in front of Ali and now a bheegi billil, making up her mind, she confidently composed her posture and said, "I wanna marry Ali, and I won't be with anyone else if he's not Ali. Make our parents understand; that's what I had decided for myself!"

(Yes)

Rubaab's eyes widened hearing her straightforward reply, "Rimsha... you know Mama. If it was about Dad, I would've changed his mind, but if it's about Ammi, then I don't know if she's going to ever listen to me or Faizan," replied Arsalan, making Rimsha sigh sadly. Arsalan was aware of his mother, who had also seen a lot in the early days after Saima's wedding, and had never let them breathe in peace!

"But I can try. Only for you," seeing his sister sad, he muttered those words on which Rubaab and Rimsha both squealed loudly and jumped up from their chairs.

"Mai bhi manaungi!" said an excited Rubaab, Rimsha hugged Rubaab and Arsalan and went from there.

(I will talk too)

"Chalo bhae begum...aj college mai late comer mai khade hone hai?" Rubaab nodded her head as no rapidly "then let's go." Taking her bag with him, he went outside with Rubaab skipping steps behind him. She was in an overly good mood today and was smiling from the early morning. Today she even woke Arsalan up with a beautiful smile, and seeing his woman smiling and happy, his heart was at peace too.

(Lets go wife, otherwise you will have to stand in late comers line)

The reason for her happiness was Faizan, who was returning from London. When she was chatting with him late last night, he shared his plans with her and told her to be quiet. Even though she was feeling something in her stomach that was bugging her to spit out the news, she kept quiet. A surprise is a surprise.

______

"Mai bata rahi hun Ammi...tumne aisa kuch bhi kia to dekh lena acha nahi hoga... Mai us admi se kabhi bheek nahi manu gi..." An angry Alia spat on her mother in anger. Anabia was in the mall with her Nand, who is her friend too, when she got the news of her ex-husband's newborn. She was burning in jealousy inside, but all the burn in her was replaced with anger when she got to know about his new factory in Islamabad.

(I swear ammi, It wont be good if you beg that man for anything)

After her divorce, her ex-husband remarried with another woman who, after all those years, gave birth once again to a boy. The little boy was lucky to be born into a family where his father was now earning well. She wanted to snatch the happiness of that little boy and the woman who got all the luxuries of her ex-husband that she believed she deserved!

And to make him realize that he has one more daughter, she asked Alia to call her father and ask for money for her college. But Alia, who was always envious of others that have fathers, never wanted to talk to that man again! Who even after knowing the nature of her mother, didn't keep her with himself but instead threw her out of the house too! He can't be called a father!

"Lo. Ye kya bat hui...bheek kon mang raha hai..beti ho tum uski...uska haq hai ye to," said Anabia, on which Alia let out an airy chuckled, hinting the sadness and pain behind it. "Acha... konsa haq.... koi bap nahi hai mera or na hi koi haq hai uska meri zindagi mai... Kaha tha wo jab mai bap k piyar k lie tarasti thi..kahan tha wo jab mujhe sab school mai yateem k nam se chidhate the...kaha tha wo...kahin nahi Ammi kahin nahi tha wo...or iske lie mai use kabhi maaf nahi karungi."

(How is that begging? He is your father, its his right)
(Oh really? Where was he when I needed him? Where was he when I needed his love? When in school, children would call me orphanage? No where ammi, he was never here, I will never forgive him!)

Hearing her, for a second something flashed Infront of Anabia's eyes that was quickly converted into panic... gulping she tried again. "Arey...aisa nahi kehte Alia...acha nahi hota."

(Oh no, dont say things like that, its not good)

"Bas rehne den Ammi...apko sab janti hun mai." Alia went out in anger and pain. Anabia took a deep breath to calm her heart.

(Stop it ammi, I know you)

"Kya bat chal rahi thi...tum maa beti k beech mai?" Asked Saima, who was listening to all of these bickerings. Anabia snickered at her but pulled her arm. "Tu sun... Teri wajah se mera nuksan hua hai pata hai tujhe...kash k tu mujhe wo fazool totke na batati to aj mai bhi apni beti or shauher k sath hoti...pata hai aj kitna ameer hai wo." Saima laughed and said.

(What you two were talking about?)
(Listen, its because of you we are living like this, if only you would have never told me all those stuff)

"Arey oo.. maine tujhe hath pakar kar bola tha k churail ban ja...wo to tera paise ka lalach tha... Maine kabhi nahi kaha k kya karna hai kya nahi...galti teri hai meri nahi," saying she jerked her hand and also went somewhere, leaving Anabia burning in anger!

(I didn't drag you away from him, you did it yourself, it was your lust for money! Its your fault, not mine)

"Manhoos kutti," she said in a whisper, her mind and her heart were both restless, and she had to do something!

Accursed wretch)