Chapter IV

Y/N POV

I was walking with Lucy through the streets of Night City. While we were walking, I was looking all around at the beautiful lights of the city.

Y/N: So where are we going for training?

Lucy: We're going to the Monorail.

Y/N: What's a monorail?

Lucy: You don't-...right. *sighs quietly* a monorail is basically a modern train that rides on one rail.

Y/N: A Modern train...so what's a regular train?

Lucy: It's...*sighs* look we have more important things than your questions, okay?

Y/N: O-Oh...O-Okay...(Did I anger her? I hope not... I don't want her to hate me.) Can I ask what we're doing then?

Lucy: Picksocketing.

Y/N: Wha? What's that?

Lucy: I can't exactly explain it out loud. I'll just show you, okay?

Y/N: Alright. I'm ready when you are.

Lucy: Good. Let's get on the monorail now.

I nodded my head and was amazed by its design.

Y/N: This is so cool! Lucy! How is this thing powered! Tell me, tell me!

Lucy: I don't know. This is just a mode of transportation to me. I don't really care how it's powered.

Y/N: O-Oh...O-Okay...sorry...(I think I annoyed her again...)

Lucy: Listen up. Lesson number 1. Less judgment, more awareness. Now Maine told me I have to split the cost fairly with you so 80-20.

Y/N: That's not fair considering the ratio's numbers. In order to be truly fair, the ratio of the amount of we each get would have to be exactly 50/50.

Lucy: I'm the one who'll be pushing the club shards. Plus, got a trainee to supervise now. Think long and hard about how that plays a part of the fairness of the ratio.

I started trying to figure out how how what Lucy said plays an important part into fairness but all I did was hurt my brain from and made myself even more confused.

Y/N: *Groans in pain* I don't see how your statement and the ratio match, Lucy. *pouts slightly* I'm only more confused!

Lucy: *stares at him but can't help but giggle* You pouting is kinda cute~.

Y/N: *GIF below* UUUHH! C-Cute?

Lucy: *giggles before signing* Perhaps this will make it easier to understand

Lucy: *giggles before signing* Perhaps this will make it easier to understand. Think of the fairness of the ratio as if it's the ratio of how much of the work we do. I'm the one picking the targets, pulling out the chips as well as training you. You on the other hand, are nabbing the chips I pull out. You're also making sure we don't get caught. Thus, I'm doing 80% of the work and you're doing 20%.