Ep.1: The path to Dueling

(3rd Person PoV)

A little kid was sobbing as his fallen cards were being picked up by a junior high school student with a couple of his friends egging him on.

"You call yourself a duelist and yet you lost to me no problem. How pathetic," the boy smiled widely.

The kid continued to cry while the boys were laughing.

"Enough!" A loud voice called out.

"Oh great it's him," the boy grumbled.

They turned around to see a purple haired boy with a small top hat appear, wearing the same uniform that they wore.

"Stop picking on that poor kid! He looks no older than a grade schooler and we're almost in high school! Where's your pride as a duelist!" The purple haired boy shouted.

"If you have a problem with how I duel then duel me!" The boy yelled.

"Gladly!" The purple haired boy grabbed his Duel Disk and cards.

"Let's Duel!"

(Meanwhile)

A couple of girls were walking away from school as the day was over and they were heading home to do homework or something.

Some of them were chatting about random things, like how great they were on their math test, the cutest celebrities and what will they do over the break.

"Come on! We totally got to go to that arcade at least once! It has both the latest games and a lot of retro games. That's totally up our alley!" One of the girls ,the one with yellow hair styled in pigtails, said.

"Sorry but I'm going to France over the break. I'm going to visit some relatives," the second girl, the one with long white hair and had two pink hair ribbons, apologized.

"Don't worry, I can go!" A third girl with curly blue hair exclaimed.

"What about you, Tsumugi and Yume?" The first girl asked.

"I can come. I got nothing else to do," Tsumugi, the girl with orange and red hair, assured the girls.

"..."

"Uhhh Yume? Are you listening?" The first girl asked.

The final girl, Yume Hibiki with long purple hair, was spacing off as usual. How she was walking without crashing into her friends is unknown.

"Earth to Yuuuuuumeeeeeee!" Tsumugi waved her hand up and down her friend's face before snapping her fingers.

"!"

Yume flinched at this.

"Ehh?? Oh s-sorry what did you say, Momo?" She asked.

"Spaced out Yume as always. We totally need to go to that arcade before the year starts again," Momo said.

"I don't know. I need to prep my brother up so he doesn't feel nervous for his entrance exam," Yume explained.

"Ah right. He's entering our school, it would be nice for there to be entertainment," Tsumugi noted.

"He uh...wait what do you mean by entertainment?" Yume asked.

"Doesn't he always brag about his dueltaining skills? It would be nice to see that," Tsumugi replied.

"Oh your brother is a duelist? I didn't know that," the second girl said.

"Well you never met my brother so...yeah," Yume shrugged.