Hair shop

"That will be $29. Would you like me to do your edges too?" Ive just finished Mackenzie's black knotlesss braids she didnt want anything special because shes going to her grandmas house for a couple of months and her grandma doesnt like crazy flashy braids.

I take the money from her hand and go to the counter.

"Yes please, can you take some pictures for me too?" She checks herself out in the mirror "Your so good at doing hair for your age Jayla"

I get the gel and brush swooping her edges. After finishing her edges I take out my phone.

I smile snapping some pictures of her hair for my insta. "Thank you Mackenzie, go over to the picture wall so I can take some videos now"

She stands up and I follow her.

"I'll take some photos and videos for you first then I'll do my page."

She nods and hands me her phone.

I take pictures of her smiling and posing then she takes a hand full of the braids carefully and lift them up to show the partings.

"Here you go" I hand her back her phone. Then take out mine again and repeat the process.

"Thank you for coming Kenz, I'm going to miss you" I hug her and sway sideways in the hug.

"I'm going to miss you too Jay" She pulls away after a minute and holds my hands "Your going to get far Jay, dont let anyone mislead you from what you enjoy."

I nod. Kenz is like a big sister to me shes so kind and knows how to cheer anyone up with her encouraging words.

"Its getting late , I better go now thanks again" she goes to the chair and grabs her stuff then leaves.

"Bye Kenzie" I lock the door and turn over the open sign to closed.

I sit down and post the hair photo I took and caption it.

Jayla_braids @ken-ziex black knotless braids for my girl😩(A/N- them braids look so neat tho, all creds to the stylist😍)

(A/N- them braids look so neat tho, all creds to the stylist😍)

I get 10 likes after a couple seconds then log out and log into my main and take a picture posting it

Jayy_laa Todays been rough, atleast I look cute😋-I post the photo and mentally prepare myself for the comments I'm about to get

-
I post the photo and mentally prepare myself for the comments I'm about to get. Nothing changes.

20 notifications from instagram

Yeah not going to look at them.

I go to the closet and get out the broom and start sweeping and picking up all the hair that's been left lying around.

Someones damn son spilled their milkshake and chicken nuggets all over the sofa. I had to stay calm but deep down I wanted to swing at that boy. Angry that he wasted food and that hes giving me more work to do. But its whatever.

I grab the excess extensions lying on arm of the client chairs putting them in their packs neatly. Not going go waste them. I get a bucket of water and some cleaning detergent to wipe down the messy sofa that has food on it.

30 minutes later

I'm finally done and I have 1000+ notifications from insta and a few from my bestfriends and mom. I hear some noise coming from outside but I ignore them.

"They probably closed bro" I hear someone say frustrated from outside

"Nahh you didnt even check, move your lazy self"

A knock on the door.

I flinch and look at the direction of the knock and see two boys looking through. I ignore them, can they not read the sign?

"Look up man, It's closed! Let's just go I'm hungry anyways"

"You and your hungry ass, just wait"

Another knock.

Why do I do this to myself? I stand up and walk over

"Hello? Is anyone in there?"

They look up at me through the door

I unlock the door and stand infront of them "Its closed I'm about to leave"

"I told you!" One of them say about to walk away but the other grabs his hand and yanks him back. I have to hold in my laugh because that was actually funny but damn it looked like it hurt.

"We need someone to do our hair, we got an event tomorrow" the boy looks up at me. Hes got quite a lot of hair and it looks like it needs a bit of combing out and detangling.

I think for a bit and take my phone out from my back pocket and check the time 10:45. "Its late. What you doing out at this time?"

"That's a bit personal dont you think?" He smiles and I laugh. "Asking what your doing out is personal now?"

"No but for real are you going to let us in or are you just going to flirt?" The boy next to him says "Flirt? I dont even know the boy"

They both look shocked. "You dont know us?" He looks shocked and I just stare at him blankly

I look between the both of them trying to recognise their faces if I can "Should I know you?" I fold my arms across my chest.

They still stand there shocked. "Whatever, your lucky I'm nice, get in and I'll do you guys hair" they both snap out of it and head into the shop.

35 minutes later

"That's $25 together, you guys really need to go now." I say watching them both looking at themselves in the mirror. "Get out! You guys have been looking at yourselves for the past 5 minutes"

"Can you blame us? Damn my hair looking good"

"Yeah because I did it" I walk to the door and signal them to get out.

They sigh and walk to the door "Thanks my heart, your braids are fresh" he fist pumps me and walks out "Thank You"

The other one stands nexts to me "Give me your number ma," I look at him in disbelief "Incase I need to do my hair again" he rolls his eyes.

Yeah right. "Sure" I grab his phone and type in my number. Can you believe this guy hasnt told me his name so ive had to call him puff ball. He doesnt like it but I dont care.

I hand him back his phone and smile at him. "Thanks ma" "Your  welcome" he walks out the door and faces me.

"My names Dd, Ddosama and hes Ddot" he smiles and runs after him.

I nod and wave at them then slowly realise what he said I close the door slowly.

HES DDOSAMA... The same one people have been shipping me with?!

***