twenty-two

I was really scared in posting this, but I hope you'll like it. this is dedicated to all of you, my lovely, wonderful readers

He showed up exactly sixteen minutes later, flustered and confused. His eyes shone with a burning passion she seemed to overlook on each of the many times they spent time together.

"I've been waiting for this moment forever, Isabella," he admitted. "You don't know how much- God, Isabella, I wish you'd know how much," he whispered, words crashing into one another.

The distance between the two diminished within seconds, and before she knew it, his lips were on hers.

For someone who seemed so inexperienced and naive, Levi kissed like the world was on fire, and Isabella was the only source of water. Her hands, on their own accord, ran and tousled his already disheveled head of hair.

"Wow," she couldn't help but sigh as she pulled away. Then awkwardly, she widened the door, and he stepped inside.

"Can I say something?" He asked, the dazed look still quite apparent on his eyes.

"Isabella, I've loved you for a while, and I'm, believe it or not," he laughed, "more of a settler than a reacher. Most of my relationships, if you could even call them that, was the girl who liked me, and I felt obligated to like them back, but with you, there was sparks, and magic.

I can't pinpoint what moment or what of your movements or smiles I fell in love with initially, but it was just you. It was the way you walked like you absorbed everything in sight, especially the little things. It was the way you'd smile randomly when you thought of something funny, the way you wouldn't care about what anyone thought of you.

You might not think you're perfect, but you're my definition of perfect."

Her heart swelled up, and she reached her arms out to hug him when a voice from upstairs interrupted the two.

"Bella, you coming back to bed?" A naked Logan asked as he walked down the stairs.

He quickly realized that it wasn't just him and Isabella as he previously thought and covered himself with a nearby towel.

"What's your cousin doing here?" Logan asked, as usual completely oblivious to everything else.

"What's Logan doing here?" Levi asked at the same time except his question was softer and a lot more raw than Logan's.

Before she could say anything, Logan, private area covered and all, wrapped an arm around her waist, and laughed. "Isn't it obvious, man? We're about to bang, again."

"You're kidding," Levi responded, voice cracking and crumbling. Although Logan was the one who had been talking the whole time, this statement was directed at Isabella, the girl gnawing at her fingernails.

"You're not kidding," he answered for himself, eyes beginning to well up with tears.

Then, in front of Isabella's own watery eyes, Levi Schultz fell apart completely.

"I can't believe this. You used me? You actually used me. You used each and every single one of my feelings against me. Isabella, you took my affection and my admiration and you used it- you used it for your sick needs.

Oh my god, everything was a lie, wasn't it? You didn't mean anything you said, ever. Levi, you're the best. God, Levi what would I do without you? All lies, every fucking thing, a huge lie."

"I'm sorry," she butt in, face and voice as stoic as usual.

"That's the thing," he stated sardonically, "you aren't. Isabella, you never were. You never cared for me, never gave me or my feelings a second thought. Your love and your affection lie with Logan; it always has.

You know what, I'm sorry, for wasting your precious time where you could've been making out with Logan, for picking up when you called at three in the morning, and I'm certainly sorry for ever loving you. That, was my mistake."

Tears continued to fall from his eyes as his vision continued to blur, but he could still, and he hated himself for it, but he could still see Isabella in full color.

"I wish I never met you. I wish you never gave my pathetic self a single ounce of hope because I could've been happy, or at least content, but you had to lead me on, you had to give me a possibility. You had to deceive stupid naive Levi Schultz into thinking perhaps cold, calculating Isabella Frost maybe felt something for him too.

I don't understand why, Isabella. I have absolutely no clue why you'd want to do something as down right nasty as this. I gave you all of my time, and my energy. I gave you a shoulder to cry on, or even both of them. I gave you everything I could, and it wasn't enough.

I gave so much that now that I'm here, I have no one to pick up my own pieces, not even myself."

With those last words, and one last attempt at a glare, he turned and walked away.

"Levi," she cried. "Levi, I'm sorry."

For once, for the first and probably last time, Levi Schultz didn't turn around, and he didn't come back for her, but he did come back to Logan's provocative remark.

"Don't take it personally, man," he advised to Levi's back. "Guys like you just don't belong with girls like her."

And within seconds, Levi's fist collided with Logan's face. For a good minute, he stood there, holding his red pulsing hand and staring her down as tears continued to fall.

But then Logan, the far more aggressive and strong contender, swung back, and Isabella struggled to remove him from Levi's bleeding face.

"You know what, Isabella," Levi said, dusting himself off, "he's right. Guys like me don't belong with girls like you, but not for the same reasons that dick has.

You're a hurricane, Isabella. From far away, you're beautiful, a feat of nature, and so long as you're in the eye, things are great, but up close, and inside, you're just a wrecker, a total destroyer. I got sucked up and sucked in to you, and now that I'm finally out, I can see the damage that was left behind to make what was a happy-go-lucky boy into a battered, beaten, and bruised shadow of a man."

THE END