ten

Like he promised Ace he wouldn't do, Levi drove his mother's old Camry to Isabella's brick house and knocked softly twice on her door, not realizing that Isabella wasn't the only resident of the house.

The doorway swung open and a slightly taller, slightly buffer boy appeared.

His nostrils flared and his bulky arms flexed. He resembled an angry version of The Rock.

"Um, hi," Levi said meekly.

The Rock impersonator took a step closer to Levi, practically standing on his toes and tilted his head downwards to meet his.

"Get the hell away from Isabella," he seethed.

Levi struggled to peek past his burly body and into the house for traces of her curly auburn locks. "Is she okay?" He asked.

The guy shook his head, muttering an annoyed, "unbelievable," under his breath. "What the hell do you care?" he bit back.

"We're friends," Levi felt the need to say. "Of course I care about her."

He ran a meaty hand down his face, stretching some skin in the process and groaned in exasperation.

"Are you kidding me, Logan?"

Logan? He actually thought scrawny, nonathletic Levi was Logan Cremmins?

"I'm not-" he said at the same time a higher pitched voice from inside the house chastised, "Aiden, you idiot, that's not Logan."

She shoved him out of the way, and he tumbled back a bit, surprising Levi as he seemed to be as large and as stationary as a boulder.

"Hey," she greeted, bubbly as ever, "what are you doing here?"

"Are you okay?" he asked as he watched the facade of crinkled eyes and a bright smile fall.

With no answer, she widened the space between the two and led him into the living room.

"I miss him," she admitted as she pulled an accent pillow into her chest. "I miss his left dimple when he'd smile, how carefree he looked. I miss the way he'd look at me when he said, 'I love you, Isabella, truly.' I miss the feeling of his hands in my hair.

I miss how his touch and his presence made me feel safe. I just miss him, the smell of his shirt, everything."

She continued in a daze, talking to herself more than to Levi. Her hands kept tugging and drawing the pillow closer and closer into her body as though she could draw Logan back to her.

After a few minutes of missing basically everything of Logan's, she stopped and blushed.

"I'm sorry; I just needed to get that off of my chest," she repeated the words from not too long ago.

"It's okay," he promised, ignoring the stinging feeling in his heart.

A silence lapsed between the two as they said their goodbyes and Levi walked to the door.

He got in his car, revved the engine, and backed out when she came running towards him.

"Are you free Thursday?" she asked, quite out of breath.

"How about Friday?" he asked back.

"Sure," she agreed happily.