you can't stop sneezing (requested)

"Let me feel your forehead," Scarlett said as she placed the cup of water on the nightstand after returning to the bedroom.

You sniffled and closed your tired eyes as you rolled over on your back.

She gently laid her hand on your skin and she wasn't surprised at all to feel that you were running a fever.

"You're warm. I guess your medicine has worn off. I'll get you some more."

"Wait," You said as you grabbed her wrist, gently gripping it to keep her there with you. "Instead of taking the medicine right this minute, can you lay with me and cuddle me?"

"You're just trying to find an excuse to not take your medicine." She joked and playfully booped your nose.

Whether or not she was right about that, she didn't argue with you and just laid down in bed with you.

You've got a terrible cold at the moment and she's been taking great care of you, making you feel even luckier to have her than you usually feel.

"Get some sleep." She said.

You were just about to relax and put your head on her shoulder to curl up to her and get some much-needed rest.

But as you started to move, you began to feel the same sensation that you'd been struggling with all day.

Instead of scooting closer to her, you moved away from her a little as you reached for a few tissues.

A loud and powerful sneeze came from you and Scarlett frowned when you groaned in agony.

"Are you okay, sweet girl?"

Before you could say anything, the urge to sneeze came back and you reached for a couple more tissues as you'd gone through the others already.

You sneezed once more and a shaky breath from your lips followed as you tried to think back to the last time you had felt this miserable.

You thought you were done sneezing and you could lay down and get some sleep.

But just as you tossed the tissues into the overflowing trash can, you felt another sneezing coming on.

"Not again," You groaned and grabbed a couple more tissues, sneezing into them just a split second later.

Scarlett's heart sank a little over seeing you so sick.

She hates seeing you so miserable and as much as she hates being sick, it didn't seem all that bad if it meant that you'd feel okay.

But all she could do was try and make you feel better.

"Bless you, babe! Are you good on tissues? Do you need me to grab another box, darling?"

She had gone out this morning to get you medicine and tissues, buying a few boxes to hopefully help you get through.

You've gone through one already and she wasn't sure if you were almost through this one too.

"I will soon, I'm sure. But for now, I think I'm okay." You said.

You tossed the tissues into the trash and put your head back against the headboard, waiting a few seconds to see if you were done sneezing.

But just as you were about to sigh in relief because you thought you were finally finished, one crept up on you suddenly and you sneezed once more.

"This sucks," You said as you blew your nose.

"I know, baby. You'll feel better soon, I promise."

"I don't know about that. I think this cold might last," You paused and grabbed more tissues, sneezing again. "Forever."

Scarlett waited a moment to pull you close, letting you get all of your sneezes out as she brushed her fingers across your arm comfortingly.

"I think I might be done." You said.

"Good. Let me cuddle you." She spoke as she opened her arms for you.

But before you moved into them, you reached for more tissues, just to be safe.

"Gotta sneeze more?"

"Not right now. I just want to be safe. This way, hopefully, I don't have to leave your arms for a little while." You explained.

You put your head on her chest and closed your eyes, hoping to fall asleep quickly and that you wouldn't have to sneeze anymore for a while.