it's not real - part one (requested)

"I love you both so much," Scarlett said as she gathered up her things to head out the door for the busy day ahead.

She quickly rushed to you to lay a kiss on your cheek and then over to your daughter's side, laying a sweet little kiss on her head. She squirmed as Scarlett continued to pepper kisses across her tiny face, every giggle that she let out only melted her heart more.

"I love you, sweetie. I won't be gone too long, just for a couple of hours. So, you have fun together and when we get home we'll do something as a family. Okay?"

Your five-year-old daughter, Hope, went wide and bright-eyed at the mention.

"Okay!"

"Okay. Love you, baby." Scarlett smiled at you, blowing you one more kiss before walking out the door to leave you and Hope alone for a couple of hours that you know you're not alone in wishing that they'll fly by.

"Should we watch a movie, honey?"

"Can we watch mommy's?" She asked adorably as she finished up the last of her breakfast.

How could you ever say no to that?

You know how happy it makes Scarlett to know your little girl loves her work so much, so it'd certainly make her happy to know that this is how Hope wanted to spend these couple of hours with you.

"Absolutely. Come on." You smiled and walked with her into the living room.

You sat on the sofa and she instantly curled up to your side to put her head on your shoulder.

"What movie?"

"Can we please watch end game? Please?" She pleaded and you sighed while thinking very carefully about it.

You haven't let her see it yet but she's begged and begged. You struggle to watch ut, for obvious reasons. But it obviously means the world to your daughter and you know she'll only continue to ask until you tell her yes.

So you turned it on and she let out a soft gasp with an excited smile on her face.

You tried to prepare yourself. You've seen this before. Scarlett showed it to you as soon as it was finished filming. But you cried the very first time you saw it and you haven't been able to watch it much since, because it always makes you sob.

You knew it was coming. You tried to shift Hope's attention elsewhere, maybe she wouldn't see it if you somehow caught her attention in other ways.

But she was much too into seeing her mom on that tv screen and becoming mesmerized by how insanely cool hr job was.

Then, the scene of her character's death came on and Hope instantly gazed at you with tears in her eyes.

"Oh, honey."

She cried against your neck, gripping your shirt in her small hands.

"It was just a movie, baby."

"No," she sniffled, lip wobbling as she cried.

Soon, you were crying along with her. It always breaks your heart to see her cry. Not to mention how emotional this movie makes you. So no matter how much you tried to be strong for her and hold back your own tears, they fell down your cheeks.

Meanwhile, Scarlett had finished all she needed to get done a little earlier than she thought and she was arriving home. She put the car in park and got out with the expectancy of walking through the door being hugged by you and your little girl.

But her heart dropped a wave of worry flooded over her when she walked through the door to see you both curled up to each other while crying.

"Oh my gosh! What happened?!" She asked as she frantically rushed to your sides, placing one hand on your arm and the other on Hope's back.

"Oh, baby. What happened?"

"We watched the movie." You sniffled and she hung her head on your arm.

"Y/N," she groaned. "how many times have we gone through this, babe? You can't watch that movie. It always makes you cry." She teased and playfully pinched your cheek.

"She wanted to watch something with you in it though."

Scarlett looked at Hope, brushing her hand along her back ever so softly. She smiled at her sweet little girl as she turned her head and stared at her.

"I don't like the movie. It's sad."

"I know. But like I've told your mom, it's only a movie. It's not real."

She sniffled and moved from your lap and onto Scarlett's.

"No more tears. Let's dry those eyes and go out to the park and maybe get some ice cream too."

Hope's eyes lit up. It was obvious that her sadness was gone now as she excitedly jumped onto the floor to grab her shoes.

"And, you too. It's only a movie." Scarlett told you as she placed her hands on your knees, giving them a squeeze as you smacked her arm playfully.

"Very funny."

Scarlett took your hand and stood up with you.

"What else should we do today? It's my day to spend with my girls. I'm up for anything you both want." She smiled as she hugged you from behind and pressed a kiss to your shoulder, ready to spend the day with her favorite girls in the world; hopefully with much happier activities.