good morning kisses

The feeling of soft, sweet little kisses and your girlfriend softly saying your name awoke you from your peaceful slumber. You could feel the golden rays of the sun on your skin and that, along with Scarlett whispering in your ear that it was time to wake up, told you that morning had come.

But the week had been long and exhausting and you were still sleepy, so you reached for the covers and pulled them over your head. The laugh your girlfriend let out in response made your heart flutter.

The covers were pulled away, the sun shining down on your skin once more. You tried to roll over and bury your face into the pillow, but she put her arms around you to hug you close to her before you even got the chance. You felt her lips brush along your neck, each kiss sweeter than the last, and you found yourself melting into them.

"Good morning, baby," she whispered against your neck before trailing kisses up to your jaw and eventually, your lips. "It's gonna be a beautiful day!"

"But it's too early to wake up." You grumbled and tried to hide your smile but it was impossible when she was pecking your lips repeatedly to try to get you to turn that frown upside down. "Scarlett," you giggled as she ran her fingers along your sides beneath your shirt, unintentionally tickling your skin.

"Sorry, baby. I didn't mean to."

You opened your eyes for the first time that morning and your chest filled with butterflies when you saw her already staring back at you.

"Morning, pretty girl."

"Morning," you mumbled sleepily and tried hard to keep your eyes open but it was tough when she returned to kiss your neck and collarbones, too.

"It's the weekend and we both have some time off. What would you like to do?"

"Sleep." You sighed, only for her to tickle your sides again, but this time purposely so. "Okay!" You laughed and took ahold of her hands in your own. Fingers intertwining with hers, your heart melted as her eyes lit up at the brush of your thumb along your knuckles. "What do you wanna do?"

"Treat my girl to breakfast."

"I'd like that."

"Yeah? Then we could go for a walk. Or we could-"

"Cuddle while we watch Netflix?"

She laughed but nodded her head. Moving up your body, she peppered kisses along every inch of your skin along the way until she could finally push her lips back onto yours.

"I love you."

"I love you too," you mumbled against her lips and looped your arms around her neck to keep her close to you.

She was right; it was gonna be a beautiful day.