Prologue - To Walk Along The Lonely Street Of Dreams

Start from the beginning

Y/N: *smiles and pats Wolf's head* Heh Heh. True...Thanks Wolfy~. Do you think you can pack the rest of the food and water as well as anything else you deem necessary for us to survive outside while I take a shower and change into some new clothes?

Wolf: Of course. Thankfully staff left more than enough clothes for you even at the age you are at now.

Y/N: True...but how old am I anyways? I was never told my birthday or age... just that my name was Y/N Valentine and what my purpose in life is...

Wolf: I....do not know. They made your birthday, age, and nationality classified information, even to me. I couldn't access the data by hacking either.

Y/N: I see...Well that sucks...

Wolf: If I were to guess off your appearance and using data given to me, I'd say you'd be around the 16 to 17 years old according to the data.

Y/N: I guess 16 and a half will suffice? Oh well. Let's get ready to leave.

Wolf: Right. Wait for me here. Once I have everything ready, we'll leave the facility.

Y/N: Okay. Thanks Wolf.

After that, Wolf left my room and I got undressed before walking into the shower and started cleaning myself up for our journey of uncertainty. Although I feel scared of the idea of leaving the facility to see the other world, another part of me felt kinda excited.

Y/N: Perhaps...Perhaps the other world the staff talked about so much isn't as bad as they told me it was...Then again, Wolfy always told me that some of the staff lie to me about a lot of things and that I need to trust myself more than them but all I've known is this facility and even then...I wasn't allowed to explore most of the facility. How can I trust myself when I apparently don't know anything about the other world where Wolfy says I'm actually from? Oh well! Wolf will be There to help me understand anything I don't yet understand and if he doesn't have the answers, maybe I can find them on the web! Yeah...Yeah I'll have fun in the other world! Maybe everyone out there will be as nice as some of the staff here!

Once I finished my shower and dried off, I got changed into new clothes I brought into the bathroom with me. Once dressed, I walked back into my room and waited for Wolf to come back. While I was waiting, I noticed my Yo-Yo and immediately brought out my monowire and connected it to the Yo-yo and giggled as I did tricks with it. Once Wolf came back, I smiled and took the duffel bag he had in his mouth before patting him on the head. After putting the Duffel bag on my back, I continued doing tricks with my Yo-yo while following Wolf. We then arrived at a huge gear shaped door.

Wolf: *Walks off* Wait here.

Y/N: K~.

I watched as Wolf walked over to some weird panel I've never seen before. He then pushed the three antennas on his tail into the panel and turned it to the right. I jumped as I heard a loud shuddering noise.

Y/N: W-What did you do Wolf?!

Wolf: *Walks back over to Y/N* Watch the door

I then did. As he said and gasped as it moved, revealing a bright light which immediately made me shield my eyes slightly.

 As he said and gasped as it moved, revealing a bright light which immediately made me shield my eyes slightly

Y/N: Wow...

Wolf: Let's leave.

Y/N: Wolfy? Were you allowed to leave the facility?

Wolf: Occasionally. Only far enough to search for any radio signals so you could listen to more music on that device they gave you.

I then looked at my side and smiled at the device the staff called a "Walkman"

Y/N: So you've seen the outside world a few times?

Wolf: Some of it yes. Most of it was just desert but I was once able to spot city lights in the distance. That's where we're headed.

Y/N: K~! I trust you Wolf. *Giggles and runs over to the elevator* Let's go!

Wolf: *Runs with him* Right.

Once we were on a platform, Wolf called an elevator, he attached his tail to another panel and we started moving up.

Y/N: Wow! This is cool!

Wolf: Just wait until we get to the surface.

Y/N: *gives an excited grin* Right!

When the elevator stopped, the bright light from before was extremely intense and I groaned in annoyance when I stared at what was causing it.

Y/N: What is that bright thing?

Wolf: Use your ability to scan information. Just stop staring directly at it. It'll damage your eyes.

Y/N: O-Okay!

I looked away and tried to use my ability and I couldn't help but giggle happily as I watched as data quickly flew through my head before stopping at what I'm pretty sure I was looking at; the sun.

Y/N: It's the sun?

Wolf: Yes. That's the sun.

Y/N: Hmm...The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a nearly perfect ball of hot plasma, heated to incandescence by nuclear fusion reactions in its core. The Sun radiates this energy mainly as light, ultraviolet, and infrared radiation, and is the most important source of energy for life on Earth. Earth? Hmmm... *keeps searching* The Earth is the planet we live on?!

Wolf: Yes.

Y/N: COOL! What else is there!

I continued searching throughout the web, learning more and more as I could but I then suddenly felt jolt fly through my brain and I groaned in pain while holding my head.

Y/N: OOOWWW~! My head hurts!

Wolf: You forgot about what happens when you take in too much information at a time, didn't you?

Y/N: *Pouts* Give me a break! This is all so new to me!

For the first time in my life, I heard Wolf chuckle. When I heard him chuckle, all the embarrassment I felt immediately left and was replaced with happiness and I quickly hugged him. Once the pain that Wolf called a headache was gone, I got back up and petted him. I then heard a noise ring from my head and so I focused on it and smiled.

Y/N: Huh! We know this song, Wolfy! What's the name though?

Wolf: Here I Go Again by Whitesnake.

Y/N: Well then! I've made up my mind, I Ain't wasting no more time~ *GIF below*

Wolf quickly ran up to me and we walked off towards where he said the city lights were