Chapter 18; Back Home with Pubert

Hadrian was buzzing with energy. It was his second favorite yearly event; Halloween! Sure his birth parents died today, but he got to speak to them every year with his adopted parents, siblings, and Uncle Mooney.

Uncle Mooney visits his family many times a year. Birthdays,  holidays, funerals, memorials, séances, the many infamous Addams Parties, etc. Gomez promised to sneak the kids out of school for the whole day to attend the Samhain Ball Morticia was hosting and then trick or treating at dusk and then the annual séance to contact the Addamses of Old and James and Lillian. 

Hadrian loved attending his mother's parties and loved dressing up for them. He wears a modified version of the same outfit every single party. A poet's blouse, black slacks, his hair slicked back (with Gomez's help), proper dancing shoes with cushioning charms, and his saber. 

For this party his blouse will be a dark shade of purple and his slacks a midnight blue. Everything else is the same. Hadrian wasn't a fan of too much change at once. 

"Are you ready Hadrian?"

Hadrian was sitting in the library. It was the rare day when Halloween fell on a Saturday. While he waited for Wednesday and Pugsley to finish getting ready. Hadrian was up and ready by six am, so he ate some eggs and toast before going to the library to brush on magical ingredients. 

Wednesday was dressed in her usual black dress, twin braids, etc. Pugsley was half asleep behind her. He was holding both Wednesday's bag and his own. Hadrian smiled broadly and ran up to Madam Pince. The old librarian took a liking to the young boy his second week in the library. He was quiet, polite, treated the books carefully, and had very interesting questions when he wasn't nonverbal. 

Hadrian approached her and held up his book. Having went through the silent question more than once, she understood what he wanted to ask. 

"Yes, you may take the book with you. You may return it on Monday before class. Now hurry along."

Hadrian shot her one of his blinding grins and scampered to Wednesday. 

"Let us go. Mother is in Uncle's office waiting for us."

Hadrian held Pugsley's hand to help guide his sleepy older brother. After a few minutes of walking, they were greeted by Severus, William, and Morticia, drink tea by the floo. 

"My children, how are your classes? Severus has told me of all your progress in Potions."

"Hadrian and my classes are going smoothly Mother."

"Same, *yawn* I'm doing fine. So far all E's and O's."

"Wonderful to hear. Let us head home then. You all have to get ready. Severus, I trust that you and William will be making an appearance?"

"Yes Cia. We'll be attending the party and the séance later tonight. I would also love to meet my new little nephew, Pubert was it?"

"Yes, he's a darling boy. He'll be attending Hogwarts next year."

Wednesday and Hadrian shared a look. On the best occasions they loved their older brother, and on the worst they tolerated him. Now they had to deal with a younger sibling? Those are Wednesday's thoughts. Hadrian's thoughts were a little different. 

"I wonder how much electricity Pubert's body can take? Does he like chocolate or vanilla? Cherries or broccoli? So much to find out in such a little time."

Hadrian smiled brightly at the mention of his new little brother. He gave Severus and Willam tight hugs before flooing home. Once out of the fireplace, he was scooped up and by a tall man wearing a warm, light brown turtleneck, soft grey jeans, at least six studs in his right ear and a gothic cross chain earring in his left, two small fangs where his canines would normally be, and a smiled that almost dwarfed Hadrian's own smile. 

Hadrian was immensely curious in the man's fangs. He'd never come face to face with a Sanguisuge. The man allowed the curious little boy to poke and pull at his fangs, careful to not accidentally bite him. 

Imagine Wednesday's horror and anger when she stepped throught he fireplace to see some strange man, manhandling her little brother. She rushed forward taking the fire poker and striking the man's kneecaps with all her strength. 

The man dropped Hadrian and Wednesday forced him behind her as the man held his knees. 

"Wednesday? Oh, you've met Pubert."

"I thought Pubert was our little brother."

"So did I at first. When you father and I first met him, he obviously wasn't the ten year old child we had assumed. Still Pubert is a charming young man and will be joining Pugsley in his sixth year next year.Why is he on the ground?"

"Oh Tish, it was great! My strong little Wednesday destroyed his knees! I raised you well, my little girl!"

"Dad, please heal Pubert."

Hadrian was too quiet so no one really heard him. He sighed and tugged on Pugsley's shirt. 

"Carry him to my room."

"No problem little bro."

Hadrian went ahead to his bedroom and closed the blinds. Since Pubert was the first real Vampire he met, he didn't want to take any chances with accidentally killing him with sunlight. Pugsley arrived with Pubert limping beside him. 

"Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I got a bit excited."

Hadrian shook his head and smiled apologetically. He gestured for his new older brother to sit in a cushy black bean bag. He opened his wardrobe and took out one of his cleaned cauldrons. He set to work making a potion to heal Pubert's, likely fractured, kneecaps. It might not be too noticeable, but Wednesday played beater when she chose to play Quidditch. 

One potion later Pubert was smiling happily in the bean bag eating a bloodpop. Wednesday made peace with Pubert (at Hadrian's request) by giving him the bloodpop. Pugsley was snoring away on Hadrian's bed, and Hadrian? Hadrian was reattempting the Draught of Living Death with a unshakable focus.

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 😊😊💖💖  
996 words  
Enjoy

This chapter is dedicated to mackburke