Chapter 7; Common Room

Hadrian stood in the middle of the Slytherin first years as they mocked him for being coddled by his sister and older brother at dinner. 

Severus - "Enough."

Every Slytherin in the common room stilled and looked to the handsome, black silky haired man who walked in. Satisfied that all eyes were on him, he started his speech.

Severus - "I am Severus Addams-Prince, your Head of House and Potions Professor. I will not tolerate bullying in this space. If you have a problem with one of your Slytherin dorm mates, you will bring it to the Head Boy or girl, a Prefect, or me. I will be available for tutoring sessions during lunch hours or after your classes. 

 Outside the common room, you must travel the halls in groups of two or more. The other houses find joy in tormenting us Slytherins due to our house's reputation, but they feel less inclined to do so if you are in a group. Now, I'm aware that most of you possess less than an, ideal, home life. My door is always open for those of you who wish to talk or vent or to blow off steam in a duel.

 While in the dormitory who may address me however you feel is comfortable, but outside the safety of the dorm, you must address me a Professor Addams, Professor Pince, or Professor Addams-Prince; I'll answer to any of them. If you want to break the rules, make it so that you are not caught. I will do my best to keep you out of detention, but if you do receive a detention it will be with me in my classroom."

Hadrian raised a timid, shaking hand.

Severus - "Mr. Addams?"

Hadrian - "A-are you related to G-Gomez Ad-Addams?"

Severus - "Yeah, I'm his younger brother. If you want talk more, I will be in my room. Good night children. Boys rooms are down the hall on my left and girls to the right. Marcus Flint and Chloe Gold are the Head boy and girl. They will escort you to your rooms."

Hadrian followed after Severus inside his room. A large olive and black bed was in the center of the room with various muggle weapons lining one wall and a small potion lab on the other. 

Severus - "Hadrian, have you any questions?"

Hadrian - "Are y-you my uncle?"

"I am."

Hadrian - "And you k-know who I-I am?"

Severus - "I do, you are Hadrian Addams; my handsome young nephew with a bright future."

Hadrian smiled brightly at his new Uncle. 

Hadrian - "Do you want to meet Wednesday?"

Severus - "I sure do, but she's in Hufflepuff. I'll see in class."

Hadrian - "I can call her on my mirror."

Hadrian took his mirror from his pocket and said Wednesday's name. After a few seconds, Wednesday's face appeared in the mirror. Her hair was down from her her braids, and they could see the top of her the white collar of her black nightgown. 

Wednesday - "Are you okay? Do you need me to come over?"

Hadrian smiled and shook his head. He signed 'Uncle' and turned the mirror to Severus.

Wednesday - "Uncle Fester is back home."

Severus - "Hello Wednesday. I'm Severus Addams-Prince. I'm Gomez and Fester's younger half brother. It's a great honor to finally meet my youngest niece and nephew."

Wednesday - "What do you know about Hadrian?"

Severus - "I know of his past and his dead name, and who he is now. Gomez told me, and I will respect you and your boundaries."

Wednesday - "Hadrian doesn't speak much. Hold a sign language class for your house. I will have Pugsley do the same and I will speak to my head of house. 

 Severus - "Understood, now, off to bed, the both of you. You have busy first days tomorrow."

Wednesday - "Good uncle Uncle Severus, Hadrian."

Hadrian signed his goodnights and hung up the call. He and Severus left the office  and walked down the hall to his room. Before Severus left him for the night, Hadrian latched to his waist to give him a tight hug. He was sharing a room with a boy called Draco and another boy called Blaise. 

Blaise - "Hey, I'm Blaise Zabini and that grumper is Draco Mal- "

Draco - "Black. My name is Draco Black."

Hadrian - "I'm Ha-Hadrian Ad-Addams."

Draco - "Are you related to Severus?"

Hadrian nodded.

Draco - "He's my Godfather. Does that make us step-cousins?"

Hadrian shrugged and looked toward the bed with all his stuff on it. He quickly uncovered Hedwig's cage and let her out. 

Hadrian - "Hedwig, Snowy Thunderbird."

Blaise - "Woah, that amazing! She's gorgeous."

Hadrian pointed at Hedwig then at his roomates with a tilt of his head. Blaise opened his trunk and showed them a picture of himself and a golden colored owl with red eyes.

Blaise - "His name is Zeus, and his a Golden Feathered Eagle Owl. 

Draco - "I have a dark brown owl I've named Naomi."

Hadrian pet Hedwig's feathers and she left threw a magic opening. He jumped and remembered about the magic gateway his mother told him about. Blaise took his surprise to mean he didn't know about it at all.

Blaise - "That was a magic opening for the owls to bring packages to our rooms. Mother told me about it."

Hadrian nodded and smiled at him. 

Draco - "She's with all the other owls."

Hadrian - "Socrates?"

Draco - "Who's that?"

Hadrian - "Sister's pet."

Blaise - "Socrates should be with the owls too. So, an Addams?"

Hadiran nodded happily.

Draco - "What's your family like?"

Hadrian - "Mother, Slytherin, Father, Hufflepuff, Uncle Fester, Gryffindor."

Draco - "Cool, your sister is named Wednesday?"

Hadrian - "Love her."

Blaise - "Isn't your brother the reserve beater for the Gryffindor team?"

Hadrian nodded excitedly and flex both his arms Pugsley often did. 

Draco - "Awesome! Do you want to be on the Quidditch team?"

Hadrian - "Yeah! Seeker."

Blaise - "Me and Draco are chasers! We can come over to your place over the summer and have our own full team!"

Hadrian was happily bouncing on the bed. Blaise and Draco quickly brought Hadrian out of his shell and they became fast friends. They spent a full hour talking about Quidditch and a second hour of Hadrian trying to explain Quodpot. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊 
1052 words 
Enjoy 

Draco Black? Sounds to me he doesn't want to be known as a Malfoy. 

Revised 11/04/2023, 2:55 PM