Chapter 8; First day of Classes

Hadrian woke up to icey cold water. Draco ran off, laughing hysterically. Hadrian threw a pillow at the retreating boy, snickering. 

Wednesday - "Hadrian?"

Scrambling through his new bed, Hadrian found his mirror under his pillow.

Hadrian - "Wednesday. Terrible morning?"

Wednesday - "Dreadfully so. Are you just about ready for breakfast?"

Hadrian nodded. The mirror went clear and Hadrian rushed to throw on his clothes. A bright green undershirt with black pants, and his black robes overtop. He even pinned a trans and pride pin to the collar of his robe. Running to catch up to Draco and Blaise, they made it to the Great Hall just as the Ravenclaws were arriving. The Slytherin table already held most of its house's students. Hufflepuff and Gryffindor had yet to arrive. 

Wednesday and Pugsley, however, could be seen at the Hufflepuff table speaking to each other. Pugsley did not look happy, almost downright murderous. Wednesday's hair was bright yellow with black ribbons holding her twin braids together. Pugsley's additude quickly change when Hadrian ran over.

Hadrian - "Wednesday's hair is pretty. Can I fix it?"

Wednesday - "Please do dear brother."

Reaching into his pocket Hadrian pulled out his wand. He promptly changed Wednesday's hair back to black, but with pink, blue, and purple ribbons to hold her braids.

Pugsley - "Ooo, Hadrian change my tie!"

Hadrian giggled and changed Pugsley's tie colors to pink, blue, and yellow with a red and gold lion's face in the middle. 

Pugsley - "My little bro is so talented."

Pugsley squeezed Hadrian tightly. Wednesday shooed Pugsley to the Gryffindor table and started piling food onto Hadrian's plate. The other Hufflepuffs showed up with the other Gryffindors. 

"What in Merlin's left tit are you doing here?"

Hadrian looked up at a semi-large boy with stringy brown hair. 

Wednesday - "My brother is eating breakfast with me. Go away."

"Stupid first year, other houses are not allowed to sit here. The last thing we need is a damn snake at our table."

Pugsley - "Is there a problem here?"

Pugsley appeared seemingly from nowhere, behind and between his two younger siblings. 

Wednesday - "I'm not sure big brother. Please explain the problem you have with our baby brother to our older brother."

Hadrian was shaking, his grip on his robes and wand was turning his knuckles white. 

"Sod off Addams, you aren't needed here."

Severus - "Pardon?"

The smooth voice of Severus made the boy freeze and a cold sweat formed over his body.

Severus - "Is there a problem Wednesday?"

Wednesday - "No Uncle Severus. I sure there's no problem at all."

The boy paled, close to Wednesday skin tone, at the new knowledge that he was about to throw hands with the nephews and niece of the terrifying Dungeon Bat of Hogwarts. He quickly backed off and sat as far as he could get. 

Severus - "Hadrian, calm yourself. Here's your timetable for the week. You don't have to go to Slytherin table unless you want to. Five points to both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff." 

Pugsley sat with Wednesday and Hadrian to prevent anyone else from approaching. 

Wednesday - "What's your first class Hadrian?"

Pugsley - "Looks like Potions with Gryffindor. Aww, you'll do awesomely, I just know it. Let me know if my younger lions cause you trouble, kay? You can even borrow my lucky knife."

Pugsley held out a sharp kitchen knife tossing it into the air above Hadrian. He caught the knife by the blade, smiling brightly at Pugsley. The Hufflepuff table stared in horror as Hadrian and Pugsley started tossing the knife back and forth to each other. Wednesday ate her unsweetened oatmeal in silence watching the two of them.

Wednesday - "Hadrian, Pugsley. The mail is here."

Hadrian scurried to sit next to Wednesday as he saw Hedwig and Socrates fly to them. Pugsley hated owls, so he never bothered for one, having his "bubonic plague" rat, Physco. Hedwig dropped off a parcel of their grandmother's cooking. just a simple frozen stew of boar meat and nightshade. 

Pugsley - "Thank you Hedwig."

Hadrian fed the magnificent creature a palm full of bacon and she flew off. Wednesday receive a similar package, but with a letter. Pugsley just got a letter. Hadrian ate a piece of jams smeared toast as Wednesday read the letter to him. 

"Hello Hadrian, Wednesday, and Pugsley. Severus wrote to us about your houses. I'm so proud of both of you.

 Your father pranced around the house declaring his little girl is going to be the best Hufflepuff since Lady Helga herself. Hadrian dear, congratulations on getting into Slytherin. I'm sure you make an excellent student, and an even more cunning serpent than myself. 

Grandmama made some stew for you both. She said it was a little taste of home to help you adjust. I wait with baited breath for your letter. Love, Mother."

Hadrian smiled brightly at the letter, nearly blinding everyone at the Hufflepuff table. 

Wednesday - "Come now Hadrian it's time for class. I will  see you in Transfiguration."

Hadrian hugged Wednesday tightly then ran to Draco and Blaise. He slipped Pugsley's lucky knife into his pocket. He excitedly bounced down the halls into the amazing potion room. Dark walls, high windows, clean pewter cauldrons. Hadrian nearly combusted with excitement. He sat down quickly and set up his notebook and a mechanical pencil. 

Soon, all the other Slytherin and Gryffindor first years entered the classroom. Hadrian ended up sitting with Blaise. Draco ended up with a boy called Theo. Blaise was looking fondly at Hadrian as he exuded more excitement than he had all morning. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊 
929 words 
Enjoy 

Revised 11/05/2023, 9:47 AM