18: Broken Trust (Filler)

Destiny's POV:

Destiny's POV:

Momma ended up passing out a few hours after we got the news about Mike. It was all too much for her to bear and her breathing became erratic.

It got so bad to the point where she could barely breathe and her heart rate started plummeting.

We frantically called an ambulance to rush her to the emergency room, and that's where we've been for the past few hours.

We all sat quietly in the crowded waiting room as doctors and nurses rushed around to assist all of the sick patients.

We were all worried sick for Kerry and the twins. She's so strong, but with all of the stress that she has endured over the past few months, the babies could be in danger.

Cherish cried and cried for hours until she finally fell asleep in Abel's arms. No little girl ever wants to see her mom being loaded into the back of an ambulance unconscious.

Between poor Kerry falling ill and Michael being missing, I felt like the family was falling apart.

I felt sick to my stomach, no matter what Michael and I have been through, I would never wish any harm on him.

I prayed that he was found safe and sound for Kerry, Cherish, and the twins' sake.

My eyes focused on Abel, his head gently resting on top of Cherish's as he held her. He's strong but I can see all the dried-up tears on his face that he tried to hide from us.

Though they bump heads, I know he loves Kerry more than anything in the world and so do I. She is the only mom I've ever known and the months I've spent with her have been the happiest of my life.

We watch a group of nurses run past us and they begin to wheel in a gunshot victim that is covered in blood. I closed my eyes and cringed at the sight.

"Abel, I think that I should take Cherish back to my apartment so that she can get some sleep in an actual bed. I know Kerry wouldn't want her up here this late, the emergency room can get hectic at night time and it's no place for a little girl."
Kerry's best friend, Trisha says as she approaches Abel, she is also Cherish's godmother.

Abel nodded numbly and carefully reached over sleeping Cherish.

"Thanks, Trish. I'll pick her up in the morning if you aren't coming back tonight. All of our aunts, uncles, and grandparents are flying into town and should be here early in the morning as well." He says.