Chapter Seven

Nothing Is Real.

    While Looking down at the fallen tree in front of me, I wonder if I should climb down my own just to kill the biters that had gotten stuck under it. Right then, I hear a noise, running, walkers don't run. Not anymore at least. 

   I lift my leg up in case it's someone that is looking for me. "Aurora! Negan is going to kill me if you don't get your ass over to me now!" A familiar voice yells, Jenny, I thought the girl would have been long gone now but I guess she won't leave until I'm with her in the back of that truck. Or dead.

   Jenny takes a rest right under the tree I was hiding away in. She doesn't know that I'm here but it still is something I should be worried about, if she looks up she will see me.

     Without knowing, a biter sneaks up behind Jenny and opens its jaw. I think about yelling at her to tell her and telling her to watch out but I know I can't, if she survives, I'll be dead.

    The biter leans in closer to the girl and takes a large chunk of skin out of her shoulder. Jenny screams in pain, so loud every biter for miles probably heard it and is now slowly making their way towards us. I know now that I have to wait long enough for the girl to be dying on the ground with a biter eating her alive, but not long enough for me to be trapped by tons of biters.

    I'm waiting for the perfect time, and that time is now, the girl is no longer screaming and her whole stomach has been ripped open.  I climb down the tree as fast as I can and run, I'm hoping that if I can make it back to where Carl had been, I could possibly still see footprints. 

     I had made it back to the clearing that I had been in after I had seen Carl leave, I run down the path as fast as I could making sure to watch out for any biters that might be wandering around. I'm not good at tracking, mostly because I've never needed to. But, I see footprints on the ground that look like they could belong to a teenage boy, and whoever it was walking here was not dragging their feet. Obviously, I decide to follow them. 

-----------

    The trail of footprints lead me to a long abandoned street, there are no biters anywhere to be seen, yet, but I'm hoping I could still find him even with the lack of prints.

    When I turn to the left, I see nothing but straight wood and road. A long way that leads to god knows what. When I turn to the right I see a few cars lined up along the street but behind them, I see what looks like a few more minutes to the end of the street. There's quite a large hill on the road making it so that I can't see much past it.

    I decide to turn to my right and take the side with the cars, I start my hike making sure to peek inside the vehicles to see if there's anything useful inside. But, to my luck, they were both empty. I continue my way down the road, it will be dark soon and I do not want to be out here alone when it is.

    As I finally make my way up the hill I debate on turning around and walking away, there is a large gate being held up with scraps of metal and wood, a decently large sign with words on it that I can't quite make out from my distance away. I notice a person in what would probably be their guard tower, they don't see me but they have a gun on them. I'm just worried that they may use it on me. 

   I push myself forward and walk towards the gate. He could be in there. I think to myself, playing with my mother's watch on my wrist. I'm now close enough to read the sign. 'Welcome To The Alexandria Safe Zone. Mercy For The Lost, Vengeance For The Plunderers'