Family Dinner Part 4

*Vyserra POV*

During her grandfather's speech at dinner Vyserra stopped paying attention and reflected on the last few minutes. 

She was inwardly so excited to go to the Dragonpit in the morning with Aemond, she could squeal and she knew she wouldn't sleep tonight. She was also very much looking forward to meeting Visenya, but this took a back seat on spending time with Aemond. Her grandfather's speech went on and on. Would they ride Vhagar tomorrow? That would be intimate... She felt her already fast heart rate flutter and she had to change her thought process as to calm down.

She could feel someone looking at him from the end of the table, she looked and it was Lancel Beesbury, she gave a weak smile back. She didn't know what to think of him, she guessed she should feel flattered, he was a handsome man but she found something off about him. One thing was for sure, Aemond despised him.

She looked at Aemond quickly and caught him looking, he had clearly just seen the brief contact between her and Lancel, he gave her a funny look as if he was saying, "Ew, what a freak," and Vyserra almost burst out laughing and gave him a wide eyed look. She felt him kick her under the table and she had to look down or she was going to start laughing. She felt ridiculously nervous.

After the speech there was a lot of chatter around the table. Vyserra and Aemond continued to give one another looks all evening and quietly laughing, and he periodically started playing footsy with her under the table when something funny happened.

Jace was sitting beside Vyserra and trying to annoy her as usual, she wasn't even listening to him and she rolled her eyes at him and caught Aemond again and they both started laughing this time. Rhaenyra, Viserys, Daemon, Alicent and Jace all looked round at them.

"What are you two up to?" Alicent asked with a giggle, "Is there a secret joke that you two keep laughing at?" 

"Yeah, what are you two laughing at?" Rhaenyra piped in with a knowing smile and poked Vyserra in the tummy, Vyserra glared at her and went red. 

Both of them were like naughty children and looked down at the table, trying not to laugh again. 

Daemon shook his head, "Weirdos, both of you, I wonder if you'll be this quiet when I duel you Aemond, when are you free for a one on one? I'm getting bored fighting those three little idiots," he points at Luke, Jace and Joffrey and everyone laughed as the boys piped up, hurling abuse at Daemon. Daemon winked at Vyserra when everyone else had looked away.

The evening went on this way until late, when everyone left for bed. Aemond would have liked to walk Vyserra up but the ladies had grouped and were walking together. She looked over her shoulder and waved goodbye to him. 

When Vyserra got to her room she was buzzing around the place, half drunk and feeling giddy. She kept thinking back to the evening, cringing at the memory of her and Aemond getting caught by Alicent.

Vyserra spent the night picking out some particularly nice riding wear for the dragon date in the morning and trying to sleep, in the end she had a small dose of milk of the poppy to get her to rest.