Chapter 3: Time Before Time

The D-Team were shocked that they're in the past when the Cyber-Empire have now taken over Skylands. And they're in trouble because they're being targeted as a Skylander.

Nina: "Run!!!"

They run to escape but the drones keep on coming and keep on firing as they have to get out of the timeline before being caught or destroyed.

Sunburn: "We need to get out! Quick, do you know what years, months, and days the present is?" Asking Nina.

Nina: "Honesty, no!"

Zoran: "What? After all the time traveling we've been through? You don't know how to get us home?"

Nina: "Of course, I know how to get us home! Only if I have my calendar then we will know! I'll try getting us through." As she tries to find the right timeline. "Okay, I do not know what the timeline is but it's better than here! So, here we go!"

As she activates it, they jump through, as it closes behind as the drones misses them. They travel to another future and arrive on the green soft grasses. They believe they're safe until attacked by an icicle arrow. Turns out, they arrive in another past of Fire and Ice where Silther sends his Ice Serpents to slither the Dragon City, which they're in the realm of Dragons.

Echo: "Seriously, them again!"

Zap: "No argue, just run!"

They have to run again without being frozen by them, as Nina reverses the time device to take them somewhere back in order to find a safe place, as they jump through and arrive in the future where Kaos have the Conquertron and battling against Spyro and his team. And the worst part, they're right next to the bottom of it's foot, as it was about to step on them.

Zoran: "Get-us-out! Get-us-out!" As he said it fast.

Nina activates another rift to another past, right before it could crush them. They arrive in another past, still in Dragon Realm, in the tomb of the Fire Birds overrun by the Slithers.

Sunburn: "Snakes! I hate cold-blooded snakes!"

Camo: "Then run, you idiot!"

They run, as the swarms of snakes chase after them wanting to bite and turn them into cold-blooded creatures. Nina was about to set coordinates-timeline but Zoran grabbed it from her because he doesn't trust her for traveling to any dangerous place.

Nina: "Hey, give that back!"

Zoran: "Not trusting you for time-traveling us somewhere. I'll get us somewhere safe!" As he set the coordinates.

He opens another rift, as they jump through to escape the snakes. They then arrive at the beginning of the Great War when Strykore has taken control of all the dragons to destroy the Core of Light.

Nina: "Oh, so much for "I'll get us somewhere safe."

Zoran: "Hey, you supposed to know what present we need to be at if we haven't been time traveling."

Nina: "You're the one who says we should go back in time to find the perfect gift in the first place."

Both of them start arguing, as one of the evil dragons attack them. They took cover but Zoran dropped the time device, and it slid away from them. The team sees it and must get it before it gets destroyed and they'll be trapped here forever. They each try to grab it but more attacks are everywhere until Echo gets it and activates the time-rift. They hurry and jump through right when the attacks almost got them but they made it through.

The young heroes arrive in another timeline but not in their present and they do not know what timeline they're in now.

Zap: "Now, where are we?"

Nina: "Don't ask me. But at least things can't be that bad."

Furious Voice: "Oh, it's bad."

They turn and see it was Kaos, and right beside him was Glumshanks, and Zoran really dislikes his sister.

Zoran: "Way to jinx it, sis."

Kaos: "So, who are you? I have never seen you before. But you two...." As he then looks at Nina and Zoran. "You look.... Familiar. Like someone I know."

Nina: "Us? No...." As she pretends. "We're... uh.... We're dragons and.... Uh..... we came from another island that we came from. Right?" As she elbowed her brother to pretend.

Zoran: "Yeah, what she said."

Kaos is not sure if they're telling the truth but can't tell if they look familiar to someone he knows.

Kaos: "Glumshanks, do they look like someone I knew?"

Glumshanks: "Well...." As he looks at Nina and Zoran. "They look familiar, they look like......" As he was about to say who they look like. "I don't know."

Kaos: "Meh, that doesn't matter. Right now, we need to head back to the Lost Island of Arkus. But meeting you, I think I should require an evil team. You six, what if I can make a deal with you? Join with me and we can take over Skylands."

Camo: "Take over Skylands? No way, we're the Skylanders!" As he blurted it out.

This alerts Kaos to understand they're the Skylanders.

Kaos: "Skylanders? I should've known you six are Skylanders."

Echo: "Nice going, Camo. Now we change things for the worse."

Kaos attacks them with his magic causing an explosion and making Echo to toss the time-device, and it lands on the ground. And Glumshanks pick it up and show it to his master.

Glumshanks: "Look what they drop."

Kaos: "Hmmm, I wonder what this is?"

He takes it from him, as the D-Team saw him with it as they knew he cannot know.

Sunburn: "Get him!"

They all jump right at them but they activate the device causing a portal behind and fall through together. They then ended up in another timeline that they do not know where or when.

Kaos: "Get off!" As he uses his dark magic.

He holds them under his dark power, as the young Skylanders were caught by his grip.

Kaos: "Ha, now I have you, Sky-looser, under my grip, I can find a way to turn you into my evil minions."

Echo: "You won't! Because you always lose every time."

Kaos: "Not anymore, but I never knew that this device you have could actually create a rift. So what is it?"

Zoran: "Like we ever tell you, bald head."

Glumshanks: "Wait, now I know what he looks like. He looks like Spyro."

Kaos: "What..." As he looks at Zoran closer. "He does look like Spyro, but only the color, and a weird dragon."

Nina: "Hey, leave my brother alone!" As she demands.

Kaos: "And you...." As he figured out. "You too, look like Spyro, but only the same dragon but the color. Which means, you, Skylanders, are from the future. And this must be the time machine to travel through time." As he held the time-device. "I could change the future to create my empire to turn Skylands into my image! And nothing can't stop me! Mwah-ha-ha-ha!"

Glumshanks: "Uh, Lord Kaos, you should probably look?"

Kaos looked at what he was showing and saw Skylands was in a dark place filled with dark clouds and destruction of the isle. And the D-Team were horrified to see what has happened to the future.

Zoran: "Sis, I think we change the future."

Nina: "I can see that."