Part 3

I entered the café and my eyes immediately met neil who was sitting impatiently at a table.

I sighed at the sight of him and prepared my mind, but I too had my questions ...and it needed answers.

So as soon as I sat infront of him I bombarded him with questions , Were you there in City hospital a week and half ago?  What were you doing there? You knew about mimi?  I bombarded him with questions before he could even say a hi.

 sans le chipkali  he said annoyed.

I immediately turned my face the other way all irritated.

Neil sighed and nodded his head and i Know it was in a sway of irritation...

Haa maine hi tha vo ..uss hospital mein a week and half ago...Bhai was getting operated for  his hand....

I slowly nodded  for I know now the next topic is about akshara...

You also don't know  where bhabhi went right??  neil ended...

I let out a smile as I had guessed it right but immediately shrunk my lips and made it normal as it might  look offensive to neil...

Ummm...mujhe main nahi pata infact kisi ko bhi nahi pata ...Where is she? I said adjusting myself not wanting to sound rude or I maybe sounded one already, I dont know 

Neil continued  bhai ka halat na bahut kharab hai mujse yeh sab dekha nahi jaata...I interrupted him to say I also felt the same  Yaha bhi vaisa hi haal hai..mimi bade papa maa koi bhi teek nahi hai....

Neil interrupted mr  Main bas janna chahtha hoon ki bhabhi ke passports kahi uss ghar main toh nahi haina??

Now this one threw me off charts...Passport??kyun ??? vo kahi India se bahar chali hai??? as usual i threw my  train full  of questions at him .

Tum kabhi ek saval puch nahi sakti ho kya....sarri saval ek hi line mein...

I interrupted him  phir kya KBC ki tarah ek ek sawal puchun ?!?! itna time nahi hai mere pass ...

 time ka baat nahi hai patience nahi hai tumhare pass.... neil said that and I agitated more..

 Haa...nahi hai toh nahi ... and he made a face at me teasing me irritating me the most and I too  folded my lips and opened my mouth and made sounds at him teasing him...

Two minutes in this fight I realised we might be sounding as school children to others in the cafe as we were making faces at each other to and fro...

I stopped and Neil too stopped  and we looked at the surrounding and every damn customer was looking at us making us more embarrassed .

Neil and I covered our faces with our hands and I realised I too behaved childish ...without thinking about the environment we are in...THis is so not me.....Pagal ho gayi kya?? usko irrtate karne ki chakkar mein...shhaaaaa... I cursed myself a little...and smiled a little at the silliness ... Niel's voice  brought me out of my thoughts...

 toh..kya socha hai...?? How to find bhabhi ?? Neil asked  and the smallest smile the appeared faded.

 Dekho neil usne clearly letter mein bola hai she has to go , and to search for her ...toh let her be alone na...vo aajayegi kabhi usse teek lage toh...

 As I said this neil's mouth widened and I know for a fact he has now judged me.... tume tumhari behen ki koi chinta nahi hai kya?? Kaise behen ho tum?? itni selfish kaise ho tum aarohi?? he asked me while I was staring back blantantly at him while he threw the exact same  words that I was afraid  to hear...

I felt a pit in my throat and I choked up a little as he spoke and I know my eyes going to well up, but I reminded myself I am Arohi Goenka I do not show my emotions out ...

I let out a small sheepish smile  haa...Selfish toh main hi hun...chod kar vo sab ko chali gayi akele...fir bhi hum hi selfish hai... I murmured.

 Bhabhi kuch bhi bina vajah nahi kar sakti  Neil debated...

I smirked....exactly so koi vajah se hi gay na.. toh jab vo vajah khatam ho jayegi she will be back  I retorted

he sighed and noded a no as if he was done with me...

I too understood that this was the end of the conversation with him and let down a breathe and got up and turned back to leave while he held my palm in his and called out my name....

I was perplexed as to what more was left for him to taunt and me to hear...

Before I turned he said... tumhari toes... he said..

I lost and quickly turned back at him... mera toes ka kya hai?? ab bol do is mein bhi kuck gadbad hai.... I went near his face and pointing my index finger at him I threatened him.. I know I did not manicure COZ I DID NOT HAVE THE BLOODY TIME  i yelled at his face....

Neil let down a breathe with his mouth open and pushed and made me to sit, before I could react he sat on one knee and  lifted my legs and kept on his other knees and showed my toes...It was bleeding....

An immediate Oh  came from my mouth as I realised it must been from where I had hit the table while speaking to bade papa ....

Niel looked at me hopelessly still having my leg on his lap he reached out his bag...

 Acha hua I always keep first aid in my bag... He said proudly... Waise kab lagi thi yeh maine toh tume takrathe huye nahi dekha???  He asked wiping the blood with the cotton...vaise pedicure hota vo..

I am not going to lie i felt a little foolish here ...but I ignored and answered his question Vo...vo..Ghar... I stammered...not able to meet his eyes...

Ghar mein kisne notice nahi kiya kya?? he innocently asked rolling a bandage with a cotton...while my heart stopped beating at that very moment....

 Koi notice hi toh nahi karta!!!! I said slowly and took the leg immediately of his lap ...I did not want to hear what I said just now...even if he heard me saying them..I did not want him to respond...so I rushed out without a word  and drove home..

I ran to the bed and hid my head in the pillows....I am for pretty sure neil would have taken me for a girl with no sense of gratitude for I have ran and come without uttering a sorry and leaving him so blatantly.....But his word Ghar mein kisne notice nahi kiya kya?? lingered in my mind pushing down the long held tear  down my cheeks...

If they dont notice the physical wounds, Will they ever notice my mental wounds??? I wondered 

As I drown in my own world of misery one more time without  anyone's Notice, my heart pained and pounded a little , but I did not care as I forced myself a sleep ......

***********************************************

Hope you like it guys.

Please comment and say how you felt about this chapter

Will she ever heal?