The time when Klein was kidnapped by Amon (3)

[In the Forsaken Land of the Gods, near the Giant King's Court.

Without being "Parasitized" at a deeper level, Klein followed Amon to the foot of the mountain. In the frozen dusk, they circled to the front of the mythical land.

"I can only stay patient and wait for an opportunity that can be used... During this process, I have to keep making attempts to observe Amon's response... Yes, I still have to take note of a problem : I can't believe anything Amon says. He has already retrieved the Worm of Time and removed my parasitized state. At least, in terms of my condition, He isn't lying, but this might not be the whole truth. I can't rule out the possibility that He has left a Worm of Time lurking in my body. He might take control of my body at a critical moment..." As these thoughts surfaced in Klein's mind, he "chatted" with Amon, asking about Dark Angel Sasrir. However, he saw that nearby, in the distance, the dusk was fading away as darkness blanketed the area. Lightning bolts that snarled from time to time lit up half the sky.

They had arrived at the boundary of the Giant King's Court and were about to leave the mythical kingdom.

"Once I'm in the darkness, I'll either evaporate into thin air or encounter a sudden terrifying monster attack..." With a thought, Klein pretended not to know anything as he continued proceeding forward. He went from the orange dusk and into the deep darkness.

At this moment, Amon, in his black classic robe and pointed hat, accompanied with a monocle, reached out His hand and pulled back a lantern covered in thin animal hide.

Inside the lantern, a candle made of some unknown oil emitted a faint yellow light and a slightly pungent smell.

« Carry it. » Amon threw the lantern at Klein.

« ... » Klein caught the lantern and fell silent.]

Derrick : Isn't this a lantern of the City of Silver ?

Audrey : Amon is really horrible...

Leonard : Has Klein always been that smart ?

Zhou Mingrui : I feel some rude thoughts next to me.

[A few seconds later, he probed :

« Where did you get this from ? »

At that moment, Klein imagined that Amon had summoned a projection from the Historical Void.

Amon pinched the crystal monocle and said with a smile :

« I stole it from the human camp up ahead. Oh, that's the City of Silver's Afternoon Town camp. »

"It was stolen..." Klein's eyelids twitched. He didn't ask further as he carried the lantern into the endless darkness.

The dim yellow light was like an invisible defensive barrier as it quickly spread out, creating a warm zone in the dark night.

At this moment, the lightning in the sky kept flashing. The gap between them was rather long, and there was almost no thunder. It occasionally boomed.

According to the general knowledge he had learned from Little Sun, this was nighttime in the Forsaken Land of the Gods. It was the most dangerous period.

As he proceeded forward, he first used the Faceless powers which had undergone a qualitative change. Together with Creeping Hunger, he adjusted his eye structure to adapt to this special environment. Following that, he used his spiritual perception to survey his surroundings.

He felt that, in the darkness, there were many eyes staring at him, with creatures of indescribable shapes hidden. However, every time the lightning lit up and shone brightly, there was nothing.