𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍-bells

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐄𝐍𝐃, but now the group  ran through the woods trying to pin point the direction they heard church bells ringing from. They exit the woods to see a church but there was no way the church could be the one they were looking for. There was no steeple so how were the bells ringing if there wasn't any?

"That can't be it. Got no steeple, no bells." Shane pointed out. Rick shook his head and took off running through the cemetery to get to the church. "Rick." Shane called after him and they all started running after him thought the cemetery.

Rick ram up the stairs to the red doors of the church. Daryl, Shane and Glenn followed him. On the count of three Rick opened the doors.

Inside was three walkers all sitting on the pews. Shane and Rick walked forward to kill one of the walkers each. Daryl turned back and handed Glenn his crossbow and took Glenn's weapon.

The three men got the walkers killed then the sound of bells caught everyone's attention again. Everyone ran out of the church and around the side of the building to see that the “bells” were really just a recording set on a timer. Glenn ran over to the box and got the bells to stop.

"A timer. It's on a timer." Daryl sighed, shaking his head.

"I think I'm going to go back in for a bit." Carol softly said before walking off.

Everyone scattered around doing their own thing until a new plan comes up. Dean decided to walk around the cemetery— Stupid idea when the dead are coming back to life, right—As he was walking down the rows he read the names on the headpieces silently to himself. He froze up for a second when he read one of the headstones.

Angelica Hope Dixon

5/24/1929
To
6/18/1992

Could it be some crazy coincidence that there was a woman buried six feet beneath Dean's feet that he just so happened to share a last name with, maybe.

"What're you doing?" Daryl's gruff voice asked walking up behind Dean.

The boy looked over his shoulder at Daryl. "Who's Angelica Dixon?"

Daryl walked to the side of Dean and looked at the headstone. The older man nibbled on his bottom lip. "I think that's dad's aunt." He guessed with a shrug.

Dean hummed. "I didn't know we had an aunt Angelica. Was she Ma Dixon's sister?"

"Nah, she was our grandfathers sister." Daryl shook his head. "She was the nice one I think."

Dean scoffed. "our family tree is hella confusing."

Daryl shrugged looking at Dean. "See? Just don't worry about it."

"𝐘'𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊, 𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘? 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐋, 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄

"𝐘'𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊, 𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘? 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐋, 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄." Shane said, walking back to the group. "Me and Rick, we're just gonna hang back, search this area another hour or so just to be thorough."

"You're splitting us up. You sure?" Daryl questioned.

Shane nodded slightly. "yeah, we'll catch up to you."

"I want to stay too." Carl spoke up and Dean looked over at him.

"If Carl stays I wanna stay too." The Dixon boy added, nodding his head.

"We're her friends." Carl reminded the group.

Dean looked back at Daryl and he sighed "ight... Fine." He shrugged. "Listen to Rick, okay?"

Dean nodded with a slight smile. "Sure." He told him.

Lori walked in front of Carl. "Just be careful, okay?"

"I will." Carl told her and Lori took Carl's face in between her hands.

"When did you start growing up?" Lori hugged Carl and kissed his head.

Rick walked over and he and Lori hug and kiss one another. "I'll be along soon enough."

Lori started to walk away and Rick pulled out his gun. "Here, take this." He told his wife.

"I'm not taking your gun and leaving you unarmed." Lori shook her head and Daryl walked over, taking out a gun he had found.

"Here, got a spare take it." The man told her. Lori took the gun causing Andrea to scoff annoyed.

 Lori took the gun causing Andrea to scoff annoyed

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 since the two men and kids separated from the rest of the group. The four were walking through the woods went the sound of branches snapping caused Rick to bring up his hand to tell the others to halt.

The four then started to move slowly and cautiously. A beautiful buck walked out in front of them and Shane raised his gun going to shoot it not noticing the happy look on Carl and Dean's face.

"Shane." Rick quickly said. Shane looked back and Rick nodded at the two boys.

Carl waved for Dean to follow him and the two of them slowly started, walking towards the deer. Dean stopped about five to six feet away from the deer while Carl kept walking towards it. Dean knew that if both Carl and him kept walking up on the deer it would probably get scared and run off.

Suddenly there was a gun shot that rang off throughout the woods. The deer fell over dead and Carl also fell to the ground with a gunshot to the stomach.

Dean's eyes widen and the two adults rushed over to the shot boy and Dean stayed frozen in spot, too afraid that he just lost another friend.

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝟻:𝟸𝟼𝙿𝙼
𝟷𝟶/𝟸𝟻/𝟸𝟸
𝟾𝟺𝟽𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝖤𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽:𝟣𝟣/𝟤𝟧/𝟤𝟤, 𝟨:𝟢𝟤𝗉𝗆
𝟪𝟧𝟦𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌

𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍—1.28.24