- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

"We are nothing but space dust trying to find its way back to the stars."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It had been nine months since the particle accelerator. Nine months since Devika awoke from her day-long nap and nine months since the second worst day of her life.

Within those last nine months, her dreams of a promising career flew out the window. Devika lost everything after the explosion. She lost her freedom, her research, her friends and worst of all she lost time.

A year of her life gone.

It angered her but she couldn't bring herself to leave the laboratory she once called home. Not when there was a man laying sound asleep in the cortex after being struck by lightning.

So, instead of leaving. She took a breath and continued with her life, even if people did judge her for what had happened because of their carelessness.

Taking a breath, Devika stepped into the coffee shop she had learned to love.

"Morning Tao." She greeted as she walked over to the counter.

"Morning Dev, what can I get you?" Tao asked as they cleaned the counter.

"A Caramel Macchiato, please."

"Mkay! It'll be with you in a minute." Tao told the girl.

Devika nodded and stood patiently for her coffee, checking her watch now and again.

"Here you go! Made with love." Tao told her with a wink.

Devika shook her head with a grin before handing Tao the money.

"Bye Tao!"

"Bye! Miles would you stop messing with the cocoa!" Tao scolded as Devika left the coffee shop and began to walk to S.T.A.R Labs.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Devika entered the lab she found the song "Poker face" by Lady Gaga playing. Along with that, she heard Ciscos and Caitlin's bickering.

The minute she walked into the cortex the once-asleep man bolted up, gasping for air.

"Jesus Christ!" She breathed as she walked further into the cortex, standing next to Cisco who was also, scared out of his mind.

"Where am I?" He asked as Caitlin announced the obvious.

"Dr Wells, get down to the cortex, like right now," Cisco told the now-handicapped man.

Devika shook her head as she placed her coffee down and took off her coat, placing it neatly on a chair.

As Cisco and Caitlin fussed over the man Devika laid back and sipped her coffee. With all due respect, she couldn't give a crap as long as the guy didn't die.

"I'm Cisco Ramon. She's Caitlin... Dr Snow." He added, rolling his eyes. "And that's Devika Ceres." Cisco continued, pointing toward the woman leaning against the main desk sipping her coffee.

"I need you to urinate in this," Caitlin told him, holding up a plastic container.

"Not this second," Cisco stated as he took the container away from her.

"What is... what is happening? What is going on?" He questioned as he broke away from the two, Devika walked towards the group, still sipping her coffee.