Liar

summary: Sebastian and you have teamed up to expose the affairs of your (ex) partners. Now you find the ultimate proof. In order to convict them, Sebastian has to unpack acting skills you didn't know about.

pairing: Sebastian Stan x fem!reader

word count: 1.5 k

warnings: none really just anger and fluff

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

"I'll kill whoever rang the bell now." you muttered under your breath. You apologised to Sebastian and he cleared his throat. The stairs creaked as you went down and annoyed, you opened the door. You stared at a gigantic bouquet of flowers. "Ehm." The flowers lowered and Patrick looked at you. "Hey Y/N." You had to suppress your laughter. "What are you doing here?" You pulled the door closer. "And how did you get this address?" "It doesn't matter now." You furrowed your eyebrows in disbelief. "You and I don't agree on that at all." He looked at you hopefully. "May I come in?" You had to laugh. "Why? You think just because you show up here with flowers I'm going to take you back? You cheated on me Patrick. Several times. You made me a promise on the beach five years ago. You promised to love and cherish me till death do us part. The way I see it, we're both still alive and I sincerely hope you brought the divorce papers signed." You crossed your arms in front of your chest. "Y/N please." You exhaled loudly. "Okay. You have five minutes." Why you allowed him to enter your house now was unclear to you. But suddenly you had an idea.

I'll call you in two seconds. Don't say anything, let the call be recorded.

"Would you like a coffee? Tea? Can I get you anything?" You walked into the kitchen with Patrick. You dialled Sebastian's number in your pocket. Then you put your phone on the kitchen island along with the key. "A water would be great." You left the flowers on purpose. As soon as he was out the door they would end up in the bin. Patrick was so blinded by his love affair that he ignored which flowers were in the bouquet. The orange dahlias made your throat scratch. You were allergic to that very flower. Ignorant of you to think he'd changed. "Why the sudden change of heart?" "Y/N I love you. We have known each other for 8 years and have been married for five of them. We have experienced so much and been through so much. We have built a future for ourselves. It was the biggest mistake of my life to throw that away." You shook your head. "You should have thought about that sooner. You broke me. You never told me why." Your voice trembled. "What do you want to know?" Surprised, you opened your eyes. "How did you meet her? Why did you have doubts? Why all this? Why for so long? And why did it break?" He sat down."We met at work. She arranged an office building for my company. We understood each other. After all, we were neighbours. It was fun not talking to a whining and desperate woman for once." You can't believe your ears. "Excuse me?" He raised his hands. "I'm sorry, it was the wrong choice of words. I was relieved not to have to think about how broken you were. Every night I had to hold you when another test came back negative. You were obsessed with having children. We weren't happy anymore. Everything I tried failed." "That's not true." Patrick laughed. "I was trying to save our marriage. You wanted to start a family as much as I did. Made me feel how unworthy I was. Accused me of not being good enough to carry your child. The truth was you just couldn't get it up with me because you already fucked that whore." Your voice grew louder and louder. Suddenly you felt a sharp pain in your cheek. Patrick had slapped you across the face. "Call her that again and you'll regret it." You swallowed hard. "What, because you love her? Or just because you got her pregnant?!" "At least she got pregnant the first time." You open your eyes in horror. "That's enough! Who do you think you are?" Sebastian came down the stairs. A dirty rag in his hand. "So all the lamps on the first floor are in place. Now you don't have to be afraid of the dark." He laughed softly and then faltered playfully. "Oh I didn't know you were expecting visitors. If I had, I would have come later to fix the lights." Patrick tilted his head. "Hey Stan." Sebastian nodded at him. "Hello neighbour." Patrick understood the dig. "I think it's better if I go now." You could only nod. "I'll send you the papers to your lawyer." As the door slammed, you took another breath. "Are you all right?" asked Seb anxiously. He wrapped you in his arms. "I'm fine. Get the confession out of your wife and let her rot in hell." You looked at the bouquet. "Throw it away on the way out, please. I need some time to myself." With those words, you left him in the kitchen.

Back in Sebastian's own house, his muscles were shaking. He was still so disgusted by what he had heard on the phone earlier. He had the bouquet of flowers firmly in his hand. The plant greenery cut his fingers. Dahlias were Victoria's favourite flowers, not Y/N's. She was allergic to those kinds of flowers. Before Victoria had moved back in completely, Sebastian had an alarm with a security system installed. A camera monitored the veranda. He put the flowers in a vase and went into his study. He fetched the laptop and sat down in the living room. Liam was still in kindergarten. Now was his chance. Victoria came to him with a pot of tea. When she saw the bouquet of flowers on the table, she wavered a little. "Flowers? For me? What did I do to deserve that?" He smiled broadly. "Come sit with me, darling." He emphasised the last word harshly. "Do these flowers look familiar?" She poured herself a cup of tea. "No, why would they baby?" Sebastian leaned back in the couch. "Maybe because they were given to you by another man twenty minutes ago." Angrily he turned the laptop screen with the surveillance video in her direction. She dropped her teacup and it smashed on the floor. The carpet turned red. "Sebastian I-." "Enough!" He flipped the screen shut. "How stupid do you think I am Victoria? Dahlias are your favourite flowers. I haven't had a reason to buy you flowers in a long time." She was shaking all over. "I've played your games long enough now. I got a lawyer involved many weeks ago." He pulled out a bag from behind the pillow. He pulled out two stacks of papers. "Here you have the court order for a paternity test once and the divorce papers." Startled, she looked at him. "Divorce papers?" she repeated meekly. "I'm going to move in with Liam at my mother's. Temporarily. Your things are packed when the Circus is over here. I never want to see you again. I didn't know I could talk to snakes until you showed up. Rot in hell you false serpent!"

It had been weeks since Sebastian had moved out. You were in daily contact. Victoria made his life hell. You tried to be there for him as much as you could. After all, you both had the same fate. It's easier if you can get through it together. You had already had a date at an Italian restaurant. It was an incredibly beautiful evening. Today you had a long shift at work. Just now you were in the back of the warehouse putting the new cupcakes in the counter. "Y/N, there's a customer here asking for you." Quickly you grabbed the second tray and went into the salesroom. Sebastian and Liam grinned at you. "Oh wow. Hello." You couldn't suppress your delight. "It's good to see you, what can I do for you?" Seb winked at you. "Liam was very hungry for a blueberry muffin." You wiped your floured hands on your apron. "I think we can manage that." You were wrapping up Sebastian's order when your boss called you over. "Call it a day. I'll still pay you for the whole day. Enjoy the time. Take something else to drink, it's warm today." You thanked her profusely, changed quickly and joined them. You walked to the park a few streets away. Liam ran to the playground and Sebastian and you sat down on a bench. You gave him his cupcake and took a biscuit yourself. "Can I talk to you?" You turned your head to him. "Always. Is something wrong?" He shook his head. "The usual with Victoria, but it's not about that. It's about you." "About me?" "I wanted to tell you that I can't be friends with you anymore." You spat out the biscuit and coughed violently. "Oh god I didn't mean to, I'm sorry." "Then what were you supposed to do with it?" "This." he murmured softly, his warm lips suddenly covering your own. Smiling, you closed your eyes and returned his kiss. "I don't want to be friends with you anymore, I want more with you. More kissing, more hugs. Everything." You bit your lip."I want that too."