Prologue

Y/n POV

"So what are you going to do now?" I sighed and looked out of the window.

The city looked so pretty at night, at least from my apartment that was 50 levels above the ground.

"I honestly just want a job that can keep me busy now. As busy as possible, so busy I don't even have time to day dream,"

There was a pause on the phone before an answer came,

"I suggest the entertainment industry, either being an idol or manager. But I'm pretty sure manager would be a better choice for you, since you may quit any time," I chuckled, she sure knew her well.

"Well your uncle owns an entertainment, Hybe entertainment to be exact. He would be delighted to have you there, they have a group in need of a manager," I ended the call with a thank you and goodbye.

Hopefully this break would help me organise my feelings and thoughts.

+
"Hola, it's your favourite niece of all time, y/n!" I shouted as I entered my uncle's office.

I jumped onto his sofa and stretched out my legs.

"What brings a girl like you in my office? The money I earn a month is like your pocket money for a week," He complained, wiping his fake tears.

I laughed. I love my uncle so much, he has a great sense of humour.

"So about being a manager...what am I actually supposed to do?" I asked.

I know it's a stupid question, I myself know that managers are supposed to care for the members and everything but I like to be sure and confirmed.

"Ah, managers are supposed to take care of the group or person they are assigned to. They should be with them almost half the time, and be there whenever they need you. For a start,read up the information about them, take note of their schedule, remind them of their activities and just be there with them," My uncle explained.

I noted all these down in my notes app, although I know I would never look at it again.

"Sir yes sir, who am I taking care of again?" I asked as we both got up.

"Ooh, just in time!" My uncle squealed as he checked his phone.

"Y/n meet New Jeans," He suddenly changed his tone, and became serious.

"Girls, meet your new manager, y/n," I smiled nervously at them, hoping for a positive response.

"A girl! Finally! Oh right, sorry we are New Jeans, I'm Minji,"

The girls continued to introduce themselves. I was all smiles until I stumbled upon the last member.

She looked exactly like...

"Well I hope you guys will be able to work well together. Y/n you will be a temporary manager for a week or two, and will only become permanent after an evaluation," I was broken off from my thoughts.

Gosh, becoming a manager was harder than I thought.

A/n: just having fun for this book, so be prepared for casual English and writing :p