"I read the textbook last year."

Before Lily could tell Catherine what a giant nerd she was, a shot of blue light was glowing outside the compartment. Catherine's eyes glimmered in amazement, watching the blue glow grow stronger. She hadn't seen anything like it, it was a difficult spell, not even she had been able to successfully conjure a non-corporeal patronus—a corporeal one at that.

"What is that?" Whispered Lily, watching in curiosity.

"That's a patronus." She answered breathlessly.

The blue light began to weaken, no longer omitting light into the compartment. It was dark once more.

The lights began to flicker back on, and with the lights, the train returned back to its intended route.

The girls looked at each other in awe. A loud yawn interrupted the girls look of amazement. Catherine looked at the seat in front of her, watching the two gingers finally waking up from their slumber.

"Catherine," yawned George, "Isn't this your book?" He picked up a book that laid on his stomach, scratching his head as to how it could have ended in his property.

"Yes?" She answered, taking the book from his hand. "George, did you both sleep through the train being ransacked?"

"What being ransacked?" Fred joined the conversation, rubbing his eyes quite viciously.

"The train." Repeated Lily, looking at the two in amusement. "So you're telling me you have no clue as to what we are talking about?"

Lily began to tell the bewildered twins the whole dementor scenario. Catherine had hardly been paying attention, all she could reflect back to was the stranger who conjured their patronus. If it was a student—which Catherine highly doubted— she won't lie that it will strike up a jealousy in her, being that she couldn't conjure a patronus even if she tried.

Catherine stared at the compartment door's window. A tall man was seen walking out of the compartment that was next to Catherine's. He had soft blue eyes that complimented his brown waves well. Yet, nothing grabbed Catherine's attention more than the three silver scars tracing down his face. He was an older man—old enough to be a professor. His clothing certainly looked professional. A dark brown tweed suit that looked a bit worn. Catherine watched as he head towards the direction of the conductor's compartment.

Lily peered over Catherine's shoulder, "Who was that?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Catherine looked over to Lily, "I think that's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor." Catherine answered, mentally putting the pieces together.

"What makes you so sure?" She asked.

"He looked older than us, and no way would a stranger would go to Hogwarts unless it's for business. Plus, he's the one that saved us from the dementor." Catherine explained. She looked over at her friends.

"Wait," began Fred, still focused on what Lily had told him, "Why would dementors be in this train?" His face twisted into confused.

Catherine looked over to Lily then quickly fixed her stare to Fred. Fred silently nodded, dropping the subject easily.

"It's because they're looking for my father." Lily answered, her full lips tightening at the words. "Now that he's escaped Azkaban." She paused, looking at her friends, she noticed how awkward it became, "At least that's what mum told me. She kept me locked in all summer like a mad man." She diverted the conversation.

Catherine caught on to her cue, "My summer was pretty tedious. I've spent it all moving into my flat."

"How is that going, by the way?" George asked. He has told Catherine multiple times how he wants to venture outside his home and live in a flat with his brother.

"I bought it at a muggle area, can't really use magic, but I have everything settled right now. Lily's mom agreed to send the savings from my parents while I'm at Hogwarts." Catherine explained, "Plus, I got Lily's room ready to go." She smiled at her friend.

Being that Catherine was a year older and turned seventeen during their sixth year, she was able to stop hopping around homes with the funds left by her parents.

Lily let out a dramatic gasp, "You didn't have to! A room just for me?" She laughed, slightly tugging at her blonde friend.

Catherine laughed, watching her friend's grey eyes twinkle, "I'll take you to come visit during break." She told her three friends.

"Anyway girls," Fred smiled, "Your final year, you won't have to deal with our shenanigans anytime soon."

"I think that this year is going to be a great year," spoke Lily, "Catherine is head of the school paper, and I am gonna apply for that nursing internship Pomfery has, which I'm bound to get." Lily smiled, leaning against Catherine.

"Careful, your Gryffindor pride is choking through," Catherine muttered, gaining a shove from her best friend. "Merlin!" She seethed.

"Nothing like a Ravenclaw's wit!" She teased back.

Catherine rolled her eyes and looked at the twins, "If anything we'll get these red leeches off of our skin at last!" She chuckled, getting dropped jaws from both brothers.

"Oh please!" Fred exclaimed, "Us, leeches?"

"I've seen you use my work from previous years to pass your classes! Don't play blind!"

"Well, who keeps documents of their schoolwork?" George defended, "Leave it to the Ravenclaw."

"Ha. Ha." Catherine spoke flatly, "Go put on your robes, we're nearly close to the castle."

The girls watched as the twins left the compartment with a smile. Catherine turned to Lily, "You alright?" She asked, noticing the silence coming from her.

"Yeah." She said lowly, slight collecting her thoughts, "Just wondering what the Headmaster would say about my poor excuse of a father."

Lily watched the pouring rain attack the train window, she brought her knees to her chest. Catherine observed her behavior, suddenly thinking that Sirius Black had more effect on Lily than she expected.